Reliance JioFiber testing Live TV (IPTV) service on Jio STB

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 327
  • Views: Views 53,366
One more thing i have noticed today is that the working live tv app (fiber stb) is using more data than non working live tv app (airfiber stb). I think this is because it is using space to storing all channels program guide (epg). 🤔

Picsart-24-04-06-23-36-53-753.jpg

Picsart-24-04-06-23-40-36-099.jpg

One more thing i have noticed today is that the working live tv app (fiber stb) is using more data than non working live tv app (airfiber stb). I think this is because it is using space to storing all channels program guide (epg). 🤔

Picsart-24-04-06-23-36-53-753.jpg

Picsart-24-04-06-23-40-36-099.jpg
Do u have Jio Fiber or Jio AirFiber?

Why is everyone inquiring about the potential launch date? Most people already have either DTH or cable TV as their primary service provider or as a backup. Additionally, Jio users might already have OTT packs for viewing TV content at their convenience, along with JioTV+ offering most linear TV channels seamlessly. So, why rush for a service that hasn't been properly launched yet?

Jiotv+ doesn't have traditional methods of watching and surfing different channels.
So now we are assuming that jio will give its iptv service as a add-on without any additional charges with their jiofiber/airfiber ott bundle plan.

Why is everyone inquiring about the potential launch date? Most people already have either DTH or cable TV as their primary service provider or as a backup. Additionally, Jio users might already have OTT packs for viewing TV content at their convenience, along with JioTV+ offering most linear TV channels seamlessly. So, why rush for a service that hasn't been properly launched yet?
Personally, I would love to watch traditional TV channels on Jio STB which is going to be possible using LiveTV IPTV service. I don't like OTT streaming channels as the timing synchronization mismatch with DTH channels. Hopefully, that wouldn't be a problem with IPTV.

Personally, I would love to watch traditional TV channels on Jio STB which is going to be possible using LiveTV IPTV service. I don't like OTT streaming channels as the timing synchronization mismatch with DTH channels. Hopefully, that wouldn't be a problem with IPTV.
Changing of Linear tv Channels in Apps (Jio TV+) are inconvenient to every one.

Do you think that iptv with proper tv experience will launch? I mean yes it could be launched but I doubt that charging system will remain same like rs200 for all channels. I think they will charge like normal dth with all that ncf and bouquets pricing.
On the other hand, I still don't understand how some isp/cable operators are bunding both internet and tv.
for eg. Netplus/fastway charge Rs 500 for 100Mbps plan and if you pay Rs 700 you also get 400+ HD&SD channels with cable tv box (not iptv like jio is doing). By just paying Rs 200 you are getting tv plan that would otherwise cost Rs 400-600. I mean how is it possible with new NTO policy in place??

Changing of Linear tv Channels in Apps (Jio TV+) are inconvenient to every one.
Jio TV plus is already improved a lot. The channel switch is quite fast and improved. The only problem is switching to the apps for DH, Z5 and Sun NXT. This will be solved with IPTV.

Moreover I think it won't be a pure IPTV where you stream data from one or two days centres. Instead it'll be very similar to Cable where it'll be streamed from your local MSO.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock