Reliance JioFiber testing Live TV (IPTV) service on Jio STB

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 327
  • Views: Views 50,807
Does Jio IPTV have Star Sports HD channels? If yes, can you pls check if it's in 50fps like DTH? And do other HD channels have 5.1 surround audio?
1.Yes. It has various Star Sports channels like SS 1HD, 2HD, 3, Kannada, Hindi HD, First, Select 1 HD, Select 2HD etc. However, there is no 50fps just like other DTH as of now.
2. From whatever little information I could find on the Internet, the Jio STB doesn't support Dolby. So, there is no Dolby support for in LiveTV.

1.Yes. It has various Star Sports channels like SS 1HD, 2HD, 3, Kannada, Hindi HD, First, Select 1 HD, Select 2HD etc. However, there is no 50fps just like other DTH as of now.
2. From whatever little information I could find on the Internet, the Jio STB doesn't support Dolby. So, there is no Dolby support for in LiveTV.
Yes jio stb dont support dolby vision nor dolby atmos.. it does support 4K HDR and 5.1 sound..

Today Live TV app was updated to v 1.0.63.10

No changes noticed. Still the app gives the same error state - 1.
Which means development is still in progress.. We will have to wait ✋️ for some more time to get them tested properly to Integrate all broadcasters seamlessly and also to cool down TRAI for IPTV services.

Currently exitel broadband provides IPTV services and anyone can check their IPTV services via downloading PLAYBOX TV android TV app and signing in on any network. It is providing free Trial offer( no payment) with many FTA, ETV network, epic on, Sun Network, LCN etc at free of cost without any T&C.

Some Zee network channels were also there, but didn't work for me.

Channel categories are messed up with some non user friendly slow app..

Last edited:
Currently exitel broadband provides IPTV services and anyone can check their IPTV services via downloading PLAYBOX TV android TV app and signing in on any network. It is providing free Trial offer( no payment) with many FTA, ETV network, epic on, Sun Network, LCN etc at free of cost without any T&C.

Channel categories are messed up..
Yes. I have mentioned about this Excitel IPTV thing a few pages back: Link to my post.

I guess they will do something like Excitel IPTV does. Show a unique UPI Scan QR code on the TV screen and as soon the code is scanned and money is paid, the particular channel will be activated for X period. Watch this video to better understand the procedure I am referring to:

Channel categories are messed up with some non user friendly slow app..
That's not the IPTV you're talking about, those are normal FTA channels played through the direct links. The IPTV is different, it is branded as "Excitel TV" even in the PlayBoxTV app. You need to have a proper plan to access Excitel IPTV. I am one of the few users who bought the Excitel IPTV plan to check things out. It has all the channels of STAR, ZEE, SONY, MOVIES NOW and many more. According to your plan, you would get access to Star Plus HD, Star Sports 1 HD, Colors HD, Sony HD..., a few more paid channels, and almost all FTA channels. The UI of Excitel TV is quite easy to handle.

Also, at this point, I would not recommend anyone to go with Excitel IPTV because of their service. Earlier all the channels were playing absolutely fine, but then after 2-3 days, all the STAR channels just disappeared from IPTV with no proper explanation from anyone. Neither excitel nor PlayBoxTV have any idea of when this issue will be fixed.

That's the reason I'm also waiting for the Jio IPTV as well since I also have a Jio Airfiber connection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock