Reliance JioFiber testing Live TV (IPTV) service on Jio STB

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 327
  • Views: Views 53,373
Do you think that iptv with proper tv experience will launch? I mean yes it could be launched but I doubt that charging system will remain same like rs200 for all channels. I think they will charge like normal dth with all that ncf and bouquets pricing.
On the other hand, I still don't understand how some isp/cable operators are bunding both internet and tv.
for eg. Netplus/fastway charge Rs 500 for 100Mbps plan and if you pay Rs 700 you also get 400+ HD&SD channels with cable tv box (not iptv like jio is doing). By just paying Rs 200 you are getting tv plan that would otherwise cost Rs 400-600. I mean how is it possible with new NTO policy in place??
IP tv is better solution to avoid by run 2 cables to inside home like DTH/Cable for TV and another cable for Internet, So all ISPs with TV license can try this including Airtel.

Do you think that iptv with proper tv experience will launch? I mean yes it could be launched but I doubt that charging system will remain same like rs200 for all channels. I think they will charge like normal dth with all that ncf and bouquets pricing.
On the other hand, I still don't understand how some isp/cable operators are bunding both internet and tv.
for eg. Netplus/fastway charge Rs 500 for 100Mbps plan and if you pay Rs 700 you also get 400+ HD&SD channels with cable tv box (not iptv like jio is doing). By just paying Rs 200 you are getting tv plan that would otherwise cost Rs 400-600. I mean how is it possible with new NTO policy in place??
I guess they will do something like Excitel IPTV does. Show a unique UPI Scan QR code on the TV screen and as soon the code is scanned and money is paid, the particular channel will be activated for X period. Watch this video to better understand the procedure I am referring to:

I guess they will do something like Excitel IPTV does. Show a unique UPI Scan QR code on the TV screen and as soon the code is scanned and money is paid, the particular channel will be activated for X period. Watch this video to better understand the procedure I am referring to:

My question was how they are legally able to give tv in such low price. Please read my comment again. Do they not have to comply with nto pricing model?

The owner of this app once came to shark tank India s1 and all sharks reject their deal saying jio can easily occupy this service market any day if they want to. 😅

Last edited:
How many pay channels provided in their cable tv?

In my point of view,
TV channels not required for now a days.
Who is watching TV channels with advertisements now a days ?

My Jio Airfiber Plan Cost with Gst is apx 710rs.
JioTV+ Cost 150rs
30Mbps Internet Cost 250rs.
OTT Cost 250rs
Jio Join Calling Cost 60rs

I'm Happy :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock