Seeking Help Suggestion on Jio Fiber.

Jio Fiber should convert it into DTH
They have cable though. You can watch linear channels on set top box if you have Den connection. You gotta pay extra for that.

The best part of jio setup box is, voice assistant for switching channels works seamlessly. So, once users gets used to it, i don't think it will be an issue.

1. All the major apps will be accessible.
2. All live TV channels of Sony and Star are not present now but after merger with Star they may be available.
Fox life, Star sports 3 ,Star Gold Thrills, Star Gold Romance, Star Gold Select, Star Gold 2 . Nat Geo, Nat Geo wild , Star movies select, star movies and their HD versions . all the kids channels like super Hungama, Disney HD, Disney Junior etc are not present on Jio TV + rest all are present including regional ones.
Sony Pix HD and Sony BBC Earth HD are also not present. Times movie channels like MNX, Movies Now and their HD versions are also not present. BBC,CNN are not present along with cartoon network HD , pogo etc.
IN 10 all channels like Epic , Showbox etc are available only through App. All discovery channels are also available through App. Eurosports is now not available in APP.
Some live TV channels open through App and that takes some seconds which is OK with me ( Hope they convert all of them directly in future). google play app is not available but major apps like fancode etc are available with subscription.
On the advantage side there are many channels which are not available anywhere. Refer my 1st post for updated channel list of Jio Fiber in my thread .
3. My experience is too excellent with only 1-2 downtimes due to external issues ( not because of Jio). I am with the backup plan 10 Mbps with box and pay only 400 Rs per month for all services taken during IPL offer . I am only using 2 mobiles ,1 TV and 1 Tab on the fiber internet and they work fine .The box is not laggy for me and UI too is excellent with remote everything working excellent. You can control through My Jio APP . I performed troubleshooting 1-2 times on jio remote through How To videos and remote issues got resolved accordingly. The billing and other alerts are regular and excellent .There is also the option of converting to universal remote.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for suggesting guys. Got it installed yesterday itself. My experience has been amazing with the Box. Yes the quality of some TV channels specially from Star are not as good as DTH but that's fine for me. I am extremely surprised how smooth the box operates as compared to the Airtel Xstream Box.
Although, I really hoped that they'd atleast give Jio Cinema Premium with the 899 plan.

Thanks a lot for suggesting guys. Got it installed yesterday itself. My experience has been amazing with the Box. Yes the quality of some TV channels specially from Star are not as good as DTH but that's fine for me. I am extremely surprised how smooth the box operates as compared to the Airtel Xstream Box.
Although, I really hoped that they'd atleast give Jio Cinema Premium with the 899 plan.
Are you getting live star channela? Like start tv?

They have cable though. You can watch linear channels on set top box if you have Den connection. You gotta pay extra for that.
I was having InDigital . After so much of complaints regarding on disconnectivity and disruption. We shifted from InDigital to JioFiber.

Are you getting live star channela? Like start tv?
Yes I am getting some of the Star Channels but the quality is not DTH level or digital cable level. Zee and Viacom channels look good though. I don't know if it's with me or everyone else but I feel that live stream directly from Hotstar also isn't top notch. I feel Jio does some kind of compression through their device for Hotstar.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock