Seeking Help Suggestion on Jio Fiber.

praks001

Reaction score
I am currently using Airtel Black 699/- + GST Plan with 40 Mbps Fiber Internet and DTH. However, I'm facing frequent internet outage issues with it. Moreover, the wifi coverage is also poor in other rooms and Xstream DTH Smart box is also very laggy.
So, I am planning to switch Jio Fiber 899 + GST plan which gives me access to a few OTTs and 100 mbps internet. Anyone currently using Jio Fiber Services please give your reviews. How's the coverage quality of the modem and how is the performance quality of the Set Top Box (is it laggy or smooth). Are all TV channels accessible i.e. 550+ on Jio TV+?

That set top box is great. The only channel I didn't found on set top box were BBC and CNN. Performance quality is great. Only problem is finding non popular apps like Dailymotion as the box doesn't have Play Store support. Faced outage only once in last two years when someone deliberately did something to the roadside wires. IMO you don't even need the ₹899 plan. 30 Mbps plan itself is fine unless you are downloading some big game of GBs than it takes time and slows down speed on other devices.

That set top box is great. The only channel I didn't found on set top box were BBC and CNN. Performance quality is great. Only problem is finding non popular apps like Dailymotion as the box doesn't have Play Store support. Faced outage only once in last two years when someone deliberately did something to the roadside wires. IMO you don't even need the ₹899 plan. 30 Mbps plan itself is fine unless you are downloading some big game of GBs than it takes time and slows down speed on other devices.
Thanks a lot for the input. I am exploring 100 Mbps plan because of poor wifi coverage in farther rooms due to my experience with 40 Mbps plan of Airtel.

Thanks a lot for the input. I am exploring 100 Mbps plan because of poor wifi coverage in farther rooms due to my experience with 40 Mbps plan of Airtel.
Best is to invest on an extender.

Comparing Airtel STB (or any other DTH) with Jio STB

1. Jio STB channel quality will not be good compared to Airtel.
2. Changing channel will be difficult in Jio as some channel will open in different app.

If you just watch selective channels without changing much and those channels present in Jio TV+ I would suggest for Jio STB.

Jio Fiber should convert it into DTH
Comparing Airtel STB (or any other DTH) with Jio STB

1. Jio STB channel quality will not be good compared to Airtel.
2. Changing channel will be difficult in Jio as some channel will open in different app.

If you just watch selective channels without changing much and those channels present in Jio TV+ I would suggest for Jio STB.

The most issue you are going to face is changing lcn of channels every after few days and the most biggest issue is unavailable of SONY channels😞

I don't think you will watch linear channels after getting the set top box as you would be paying for Disney+ Hotstar, Sony Liv, Zee5, JioCinema (free), SunNXT, Hoichoi, DocuBay, Epic On etc. Why would you watch linear channels if you get content on OTT from big 4 tv broadcasters without ads and before tv?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock