Seeking Help Questions Regarding JioFiber set top box

Optimus_Prime

Contributor
Reaction score
1.How non popular (FTA) LIVE Channels works which are not part of any BASE ott app like Akash Bangla, Rupasi Bangla.

2. If I take set top box with plan 399 , will the box's live tv work if I am having my own hotstar, zee5, discovery ,sonyliv subscription ?

3. If i get subscription of 14 apps with my fiber connection will those subscription works on my mobile or Laptop ? Suppose i got hotstar subscription with fiber connection , can I use hotstar on my laptop using same subsciption or only limited to use on jio set top box.

4. Basic difference between s fire tv stick and jio set top box ?

Thanks in advance.

1.How non popular (FTA) LIVE Channels works which are not part of any BASE ott app like Akash Bangla, Rupasi Bangla.

2. If I take set top box with plan 399 , will the box's live tv work if I am having my own hotstar, zee5, discovery ,sonyliv subscription ?

3. If i get subscription of 14 apps with my fiber connection will those subscription works on my mobile or Laptop ? Suppose i got hotstar subscription with fiber connection , can I use hotstar on my laptop using same subsciption or only limited to use on jio set top box.

Thanks in advance.

1. Jio tv+ app ( if channels are available on platform)

2. never tried.

3. Few of them require Jio STB (only work in Jio Stb) but subscription of few Ott like Disney+hotstar, sonyliv, zee & amazon prime Video works on other devices too.

Amazon prime subscription is only for 1 year.

4. For normal user not much difference.

I would suggest you to go through other jio fiber threads on OnlyTech, I am sure you will get answers of most of your queries.

Last edited:
Jio STB also has a few channels that are exclusive to the "Jio TV+" STB app. This app is sort of like a front end to view live channels across all apps in the Jio STB.

There are a few channels that aren't part of any app, but are still available live in the Jio TV+ app.

Whats the difference between a jio fiber set top box and a fire tv stick ?
In both, we can see live tv as long as we have a valid subscription of respective app right ?
It's very fast campared to Firestick... I mean very fast. The Jio Tv plus app is quite good.

Biggest drawback is, they don't support Side loading of apps. Plus they load apps that you don't need too.. You can't get rid of them... I tried uninstalling this Shilpa app many times, it keeps coming back...

It's very fast campared to Firestick... I mean very fast. The Jio Tv plus app is quite good.

Biggest drawback is, they don't support Side loading of apps. Plus they load apps that you don't need too.. You can't get rid of them... I tried uninstalling this Shilpa app many times, it keeps coming back...
So could u please let me know the Ram and Storage Capacity of The Box.

The biggest advantage is that, non popular channels open directly. It still cannot compete with DTH but you can easily replace your DTH with this. The quality of SD channels is bit poor/ok or may be I am used to the YouTube way of watching live news. So I find hard to watch in SD. Popular channels like Sun, Star works via the app. Zee5 channels too. No sync issues like Firestick. I used to have a preview issue in Firestick with Sun NXT. I no longer have those here. The live tv ui is good but not great.

I doubt that. If your company provides BB bill claim, go for the 999 plan. Otherwise, the STB is useless. For the trial, I didn't get Amazon prime. Since I had all subscriptions already, I gave my wife's number for Jio to avoid conflict of Subscriptions. When I tried to use my Amazon prime account, it didn't work. I mean the sync between Jio Tv plus to Prime Video didn't happen. I have to watch it directly on the app. So i guess the same will be applicable for other apps too.

There's a thread where it calls out how exactly each subscriptions in Jio fiber works. Do check that.

Ease of use and other things I have mentioned. You will miss Firestick too. You will no longer know about the lastest releases. Jio STB does not advertise or update about recent releases immediately and frequently. I have been seeing Radhe Shyam trailer until last week. The app list will be full of Jio apps. Firestick on the other hand, keeps the ads and promos up-to-date. It was perfect in that aspect.

Jio tv plus app has easily synchronised against all these 14 apps. You don't have to switch between apps to find movies.

Quality of Video and Audio - Video, i don't see a difference. Audio, there's clearly a difference. Not sure if it really delivers 5.1 for all apps. I don't usually bother too much about audio. As long as the voice is clear, i live with that :p.

Thanks in advance.

Edit:
Finally, the trailer they play in the boot is quite annoying. It plays it self like DTH STB.

Star channels are advantage. But I never managed to watch it. It's too blurry. You can't get to see it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock