- No harassment, racism, trolling, hate speech will be tolerated. Such posts will lead to a warning/ban.
- Do not post any false information. Always verify the news before posting.
- Do not post anything that is NSFW. Such posts will be removed without notice.
- Posting commission, referral, or affiliate links anywhere on the forum is not allowed.
- Do not post anything related to piracy or illegal activities.
- Do not ask or share OTT account details.
- Do not discuss anything related to moderation outside of the Talk to Team section. If you are unhappy over a moderation, raise a dispute only at Talk to Team section.
- Queries on the Talk to Team section must be related to the OnlyTech forum. No other requests or complaints will be entertained.
- Do not abuse or harass a staff member for any reason. Showing dissent or abusing a staff on a public forum will not be tolerated and would result in a ban.
- Any form of spam or advertisement anywhere on the forum, including posts, conversation, signature, and profile picture, is not allowed. It will result in a permanent ban.
- Always use the Report button to report any threads or posts which you think do not meet the rules, and while reporting posts, give appropriate reasons and also provide thread links whenever necessary to move or merge posts. Do not give generic reasons, such as "useless post," "already posted," "close thread," etc. Reports with inappropriate reasons will be rejected.
- Do not post/share any personal or sensitive information, such as your address, phone number, email, Facebook, Twitter or any other social media account details on the public forum. However, You are allowed to exchange contact details only via conversations if you are using our Marketplace to buy/sell. Please refer to the Marketplace Guidelines to learn more.
- Always stay on topic. Off-topic posts will be removed without notice.
- Do not post the same question or content multiple times. Even if you think it is relevant in several sections, you should pick the most relevant sub-section and post it there.
- Do not abuse the reaction system or ask for reactions from members either via posts or conversations.
- Do not tag (mention) members unnecessarily. Use the feature only when you are replying to a specific member and never tag any staff member for moderation related issues.
- Do not quote posts unnecessarily. Use the quote button only when you are replying to a specific member.
- Before posting a new thread, make sure that it has not been posted earlier by using the Search function to avoid posting a potential duplicate.
- Post in the correct section. If you have posted a thread in the wrong section, please report it to the team.
- Do not use Capital letters for the entire post or thread title. Also, avoid huge/bold fonts for the entire post. If required, you may use bold fonts to highlight important points.
- Do not use too many emojis or special characters in your post, and also avoid using short forms.
- Do not post only emojis or one-liner replies such as "I agree," "+1," "cool," "me too," etc.
- Unless you are explicitly sharing a link, do not post only a website link as threads or replies. Add some content, at least a synopsis of the article.
- Some words are blacklisted. If a word is replaced by asterisks when you preview or submit a post, do not bypass it by disguising those words.
- Post in English. If you are posting in any other language, you must add English translation; otherwise, the post will be removed without notice. However, the thread title should always be in English.
- Any news obtained from another site must have a link to the source added to the post. If you post an image from another website, make sure you give credit to that website. However, avoid sharing watermarked images of other websites.
- Do not copy the entire article when sharing from another site, either copy two paragraphs or four lines, not more. Also, try to add your own inputs to the article.
- Do not discuss blocking ads on the site.
- Your avatar must not contain any QR code, NSFW picture, OnlyTech logo, personal information, or advertisement.
- To change your username, refer to 'How to change your username' thread for the tutorial and guidelines.
- We do not allow multiple accounts. Multiple IDs will be banned or merged with the original ID without notice. If you want an ID from the same IP address for any of your family members, inform a team member before creating the second ID via Talk to Team forum. Also note, you must not re-register once banned.
- Do not share your OnlyTech account with anyone, including your family members and friends.
- You can dispute a ban by sending an email to the forum team via the contact us form. Please provide a reason why the ban is not valid. OnlyTech Team reserves the right to withheld or overturn the ban.
Restrictions for newbies and existing members
To avoid any misuse, such as sending promotional messages or displaying advertisements through signature or profile picture, we have set minimum post count requirements on our forum for new members.
- Minimum Post count to edit profile details or avatar: 5
- Minimum Post count to view conversation: 5
- Minimum Post count to reply conversation: 10
- Minimum Post count to create conversation: 15
If any legit newbie member needs conversation access to pass information privately, they can request via Talk to Team forum. New members can also start a conversation with any team member without requiring any minimum post count. However, if it is related to moderation, we prefer to discuss over Talk to Team forum and may direct you over there.
Note: Do not post low-quality spam posts to activate the conversation system. You will be banned immediately.
We have noticed that many forum members misuse the edit option either by creating a thread beforehand or by deleting their posts when they feel like quitting the forum. So, members can only edit their posts within six hours from the original posting time to rectify any mistakes. We believe this is a sufficient window for any rectification. However, if a member is maintaining an important or sticky thread, we provide them special permission to edit their threads/posts for an unlimited time.
Websites from which content sharing is disallowed
We do not allow content sharing from a few websites. These websites either do not entertain sharing their articles, or we do not want their content to be shared here. So, refrain from posting anything from these websites. Anything posted from these websites will be removed without notice, and strict action will be taken against the member.
Here's the list of websites from which content sharing is not allowed.
- Ultra News
Some websites are blacklisted too. When you preview or submit a post, the blocked links are replaced with asterisks. In that case, remove the blacklisted content from your post immediately. Otherwise, action will be taken.
OnlyTech Marketplace Guidelines
- Illegal reselling of OS and software is strictly prohibited. Unless you are an authorized reseller, you cannot sell them here. However, you are free to giveaway software, for which you hold a genuine license.
- The seller and buyer hold full responsibility for all the monetary transactions that happen in our marketplace section. OnlyTech cannot be held responsible for any disputes.
- If you are buying or selling anything, you can exchange contact details only via conversation.
- OnlyTech is not liable to answer or compensate for any loss which may happen upon sharing any personal or sensitive information with others.
OnlyTech is constituted with friendly people and we like to remain cool. Please follow the Rules and enjoy your stay here.
Last updated: 05 March 2021