Jio Airfiber Review

karan_hdl

Reaction score
Installation : I booked Jio Airfiber two days back on Saturday and it was installed in a day yesterday that is even on a Sunday that's is highly appreciable..

Live TV: DTH is the best with regards to number of channels and IPTV has lot of catching up to do...

While channel quality is comparable and in some cases better than DTH still certain channels like Star Vijay opening via Disney+ Hotstar app needs extraordinary improvements as there were heavy pixelation issue during dance shows, hope this is not permanent issue with Jio Fiber TV..

As a Tamil Regional TV fan Jaya TV group channels still not available on Jio Fiber is a great let down.. For regional users who purchase Jio Airfiber / Fiber TV for TV viewing it's recommended to wait for many more years as Jio STB not fully evolved to give a complete TV viewing experience...

But a positive thing is eventhough while streaming via WIFI during few minutes of random viewing of TV channels not a single buffer that's a positive impression..

Internet Speed: I opted for entry level 707 plan with 30 Mbps speed and the internet speed Constantly above 15 - 20 Mbps mark with 2 split wifi connection is indeed remarkable... For Internet connection Jio AirFiber is highly recommended..Hope at the end of a month my review stays the same..

OTT: Disney+ hotstar has no 4k option and ads between shows doesnt give a premium experience..

I haven't got 4k via Amazon prime while watching Poacher series, and randomly playing some 4k movies for few minutes.. I hope100 mbps users getting HDR..

Few points that I would like to write, I've mentioned above,
Overall it's indeed a mixed experience..
Jio AirFiber requires much more further improvements...
Hope it gets improved!

Last edited:
No it's not included with the plan.. I already subscribed to 1 year plan directly from Amazon.
Ok btw I too got Jio Airfiber Connection on Saturday with 30mbps plan but the speed is not upto the mark thinking to update the plan to 100mbps

Congratulations for ur new jio airfibre connection 👍👍

Meanwhile airfibre is purely based on how ur area having good signal in mobile if it's good then airfibre is good if not airfibre not recommended so on any day jio fibre wired is recommendble not airfibre to all area's 👍👍

Congratulations for ur new jio airfibre connection 👍👍

Meanwhile airfibre is purely based on how ur area having good signal in mobile if it's good then airfibre is good if not airfibre not recommended so on any day jio fibre wired is recommendble not airfibre to all area's 👍👍
Actually in my area Jio fiber is not available though I'm living in Hyderabad and they said they have no plan to start Jio fiber in my area only Jio Airfiber will be present. Previously I'm having act fiber but since 4 days I was not getting internet and I have raised a ticket in their app and they said the issue will be resolved within 24hours but till now they didn't solved and they have closed the ticket. This forced me to take Jio Airfiber

I just now got it installed with the 100 mbps ₹899 plan for 6 months - so far so good :)

I just now got it installed with the 100 mbps ₹899 plan for 6 months - so far so good :)
Congrats. Looking forward to your review. :D

Some questions:

1. Is there any packet loss happening?
2. Upload speed is symmetrical with download speed?
3. VPNs working with your AirFiber connection or not?

Last edited:
1. Yes packet loss is there... 5 to 10 % it seems.

2. Yes it's symmetrical (because I have 100 mbps plan) but I believe upload speed will be max 100 mbps even if you take higher speed plans due to limitation of the N78 band or something.

3. I don't use VPNs - is there any quick way to test? Should I install Cloudflare Warp and try?

Question: I think it's not possible but can the WiFi radio be disabled in the router, either via web UI or MyJio app? I have the JIDU6101 model...

Update:

I installed Windows WARP app and seems to be working, connected to Singapore, packet loss is still there.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock