Jio Airfiber Review

Question: I think it's not possible but can the WiFi radio be disabled in the router, either via web UI or MyJio app? I have the JIDU6101 model...
You can do that with MyJio app. At least possible on JioFiber.

OK, it seems not possible in router web UI nor the MyJio app BUT BUT BUT in the Jio website if you login to your account and go to the WiFi section of device settings there it has an option to set SSID name and also disable the 2.4 and 5 ghz radios and it shows a message "it will take some time" so I made the change and waiting to see if it actually works and how long it might take :)

OK, it seems not possible in router web UI nor the MyJio app BUT BUT BUT in the Jio website if you login to your account and go to the WiFi section of device settings there it has an option to set SSID name and also disable the 2.4 and 5 ghz radios and it shows a message "it will take some time" so I made the change and waiting to see if it actually works and how long it might take :)
It is even possible on the MyJio app for JioFiber. I don't know if the control options are different for AirFiber.

Btw, it does takes sometime, to expedite the process you simply need to reboot the ONT.

Interesting point! I will try rebooting and report back whether it works...

Update - nope , a reboot did not do it. I think ability to switch off the WiFi is removed in newer firmware (for my AirFiber device) just the Jio website has not been updated.

Another thing I noticed is the WiFi SSID is common in the device UI and MyJio app but the Jio website still "allows" you to set different SSIDs for 2.4 and 5 ghz bands - does not work there either.

Congratulations for ur new jio airfibre connection 👍👍

Meanwhile airfibre is purely based on how ur area having good signal in mobile if it's good then airfibre is good if not airfibre not recommended so on any day jio fibre wired is recommendble not airfibre to all area's 👍👍

Thank you @Sai Jai bro! We don't have Jio Fiber service in our street though the nearest Jio Fiber pole is hardly 100 - 200 Metres and I waited enough time with a hope that Jio Fiber wired broadband would arrive but it never arrived So I got Jio Air Fiber. The speed connectivity and performance of Jio Air Fiber was so good considering the negative reviews..

Last edited:
Thank you @Sai Jai bro! We don't have Jio Fiber our street though the nearest Jio Fiber pole is hardly 100 - 200 Metres and I waited enough time with a hope that Jio Fiber wired broadband would arrive but it never arrived So I got Jio Air Fiber. The speed connectivity and performance of Jio Air Fiber was so good considering the negative reviews..
Glad to know that then mobility also good in ur area 👍👍

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock