Reliance JioFiber testing Live TV (IPTV) service on Jio STB

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 321
  • Views: Views 48,483
A question to forum members receiving LiveTV services. How is the picture quality in comparison to cable /DTH? Specially live sports.. because there's a lot of pixelation in Hotstar through Jio TV STB.
No pixelation or freezes. My Family has been watching every IPL match from the start to the end. No lags whatsoever.

Guys, I've noticed a couple of changes in MyJio App.
1. The number of channels specified in MyJio app. In JioFiber section> Change Plan>Click on view details> On-Demand TV says 800+ channels. Earlier it used to be 550+ channels.
2. Amazon Prime subscription has turned down to Amazon Prime Lite across all plans.

Has anyone noticed these?

Last edited:
Good spot @IndigoHydra bro.

Has anyone noticed these?
After your post, I checked the JioFiber plans on jio.com, the same is reflecting there as well.

I think they are preparing for LiveTV service launch. And hence cutting down the bundled OTT benefits. First JioCinema Premium was replaced with JioCinema free on higher plans. Now Amazon Prime Lite. Let's see if they reduce it any further. 👀

After your post, I checked the JioFiber plans on jio.com, the same is reflecting there as well.

I think they are preparing for LiveTV service launch. And hence cutting down the bundled OTT benefits. First JioCinema Premium was replaced with JioCinema free on higher plans. Now Amazon Prime Lite. Let's see if they reduce it any further. 👀
The live channels had crossed 800+ channels by now in JIO TV+ Fiber so its natural they should have updated it and I feel they should advertise it heavily to gain traction to adopt JIO TV+ fiber and Airfiber . Also they are still adding channels means these channels are to be maintained in future specially FTA ones for JIO TV+ fiber and would remain with Live TV after it gets activated . With regards to cutting down the OTT benefits I guess that's due to increased costs due to inflation with April 24 start and how they want to provide the services to customers in the bigger scheme of things in their plans. I strongly feel live TV will attract additional cost for low end bundled customers and may be complementary for high bundled high premium customers . I also feel they had an option to remove pay channels from live TV of JIO TV+ fiber and provide them with live TV of IPTV as they need to be a compliant to NTO . Anyways they will not take a hit and would want to provide services so they are profitable in medium /long term.

Hopefully they are going to launch Live tv very soon as @IndigoHydra mentioned that the app is working very smooth without any bugs at all

A new update was available for me for Live TV dated 19 April 2024. When I tried to install it said low memory and then I uninstalled Jio Games and Sun Nxt after which the update got installed . But the result is the same with Live TV not working. Others can check if they had got the update and if they get any other change after installation.

A new update was available for me for Live TV dated 19 April 2024. When I tried to install it said low memory and then I uninstalled Jio Games and Sun Nxt after which the update got installed . But the result is the same with Live TV not working. Others can check if they had got the update and if they get any other change after installation.
Nothing changes even after update to today's 1.0.63.9 version. Still only 4 channels is working for me from past 1 months. 😒

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock