Jio disconnection issue | Call gets disconnected after few rings

Jio to other networks calls gets disconnected after few rings. Are you affected by this issue? (Jio)

• Total voters
Yes..its not few rings, its definite number of rings.
Difficult system especially for elders. Can't take the call if we are not near the phone.

New way of manipulation:

Mukesh Ambani-led telco, Jio recently limited the duration of rings for calls being made from its network to just 20 seconds – or just 4-5 rings – which triggers a call-back, aimed at ensuring a call terminates on Jio’s network, generating interconnect revenue for the telecom market leader.

Source: Jio is fighting with Bharti Airtel and Vodafone Idea over missed calls

New way of manipulation:

Mukesh Ambani-led telco, Jio recently limited the duration of rings for calls being made from its network to just 20 seconds – or just 4-5 rings – which triggers a call-back, aimed at ensuring a call terminates on Jio’s network, generating interconnect revenue for the telecom market leader.

Source: Jio is fighting with Bharti Airtel and Vodafone Idea over missed calls
Because Jio has the largest voice customers in the country due to Jio phone sales thus making this type of mess to earn more money.. There are some blind Jio bhaktas over the internet who praised Jio as Saint after all Mr.ambani is a cunning business man who will do anything to earn more money. My main concern is it is leading to inconvenience to the customers.

Last edited:
Jio's argument from the link posted in post 82.

People familiar with the matter at Jio, though, accused rivals of keeping call rates exorbitant — with an effective outgo of almost Rs 2 per minute — for the lowest class of 2G users, forcing them to give missed calls to a Jio user to elicit a return call, ensuring the call terminates on incumbents’ networks, generating IUC revenue for them.

Jio's argument from the link posted in post 82.

People familiar with the matter at Jio, though, accused rivals of keeping call rates exorbitant — with an effective outgo of almost Rs 2 per minute — for the lowest class of 2G users, forcing them to give missed calls to a Jio user to elicit a return call, ensuring the call terminates on incumbents’ networks, generating IUC revenue for them.
Excluding JioPhone, what is the lowest monthly (28-days) plan that we may take on Jio SIM that allows outgoing calls? As per Jio's website, it is Rs 149.

This "lowest class of 2G users" are the ones who cannot afford Rs 149 per month. They take Rs 10 / Rs 50 "Talktime" recharges and use that to call others. Agreed that Rs 149 would give a lot of more benefits, but we just cant imagine their financial condition.

Excluding JioPhone, what is the lowest monthly (28-days) plan that we may take on Jio SIM that allows outgoing calls? As per Jio's website, it is Rs 149.

This "lowest class of 2G users" are the ones who cannot afford Rs 149 per month. They take Rs 10 / Rs 50 "Talktime" recharges and use that to call others. Agreed that Rs 149 would give a lot of more benefits, but we just cant imagine their financial condition.
It is ₹98/-

It is ₹98/-
Oh yes, saw the "Most Affordable Plans" section now. I see Jio also has the talktime reacharges, for Pay As You Go, but never heard anyone doing that. Is it valid? Can we do it?

Oh yes, saw the "Most Affordable Plans" section now. I see Jio also has the talktime reacharges, for Pay As You Go, but never heard anyone doing that. Is it valid? Can we do it?
Yes, they are valid and I think the charges are 1 rupee per minute.

Maybe used for calling ISD numbers and premium numbers.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock