Has Jio changed your internet usage, experience & will you continue after december?

• Thread starter PRK
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 47
  • Views: Views 4,487

Will you continue with Jio after 31st Dec 2016 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PRK

Reaction score
Hi guys, just wanted know has jio changed your internet experience & usage? Also use the poll to let us know whether you will continue using Jio after 31st december 2016. Also let us discuss why & why not.

My experience & and answer to poll & why so.

I had MTNL broadband at home (Mumbai) which had pathetic service with frequent disconnections. Jio came as a game changer for me. I bought it on 7th or 8th Sept & since then my broadband modem is off. I had purchased JioFi 2 as I didn't have a 4G phone then & I would say it was a good decision even I had a 4G phone then as it saves your phone from overheating & battery degradation due to high data usage. I used to get 20Mbps+ download and 5Mbps+ upload speed initially, though there were issues with sites now and then.
Now speeds have dropped a bit to around 10-15 Mbps download and 5Mbps+ upload. Sometimes, it goes below that too. But overall, I am happy with Jio. I have not faced any network drops in Mumbai yet. Only once in last 50 days, my jiofi lost network, but it was back in a min. I feel the network is not optimised yet and there are issues while surfing particular sites now and then in a few days. I think everything will be sorted in next month or so. Also, speeds will be back again after 31st Dec for those who want to continue as lots of load will disappear hopefully.

Calling was horrible till now with only bsnl and mtnl calls connecting, but now from past 2-3 days, the % of calls which are connecting have doubled up. I am hoping it will get better with time as other operators mend their ways.

Jio Apps: I am a big fan of JioMags app as it helps me a lot. I use JioMusic sometimes which is also good. Rest of the apps are not that useful for me.

Will I continue Jio after 31st Dec 2016?
NO & rarely YES. As I am at home mostly and have a broadband connection, though it is bad, I will continue using my broadband connection with no data packs on my phone. But, I will top up packs on my JioFi SIM when I am going out of home for more than 1-2 days. Will get free calls plus, data on low days validity pack is sufficient. I can plan according to my journey which plan to get. But, if I was a person living away from home or work person, I would have continued with Jio with {149 plan + 150 topup (1GB)} OR {499} plan.

This is from my experience in Mumbai, I have heard a lot of problems in some small cities. Let's see how many people respond here.

Reactions: Omi
I'll not continue after December due to their poor network here :no

I don't have much problems with Jio,yes the data speeds have reduced but even the congestion on the network is too much,I have compared speed between Airtel 4G and Jio and in starting days,Airtel speed was nowhere near Jio,but even now in my area Jio gives almost similar and sometimes more speed than Airtel and there is not even 50% congestion on Airtel's network when compared to Jio
And still during morning and night I am getting download speeds of over 1 MBps so I am happy overall 

If Jio reduces the call drop problems and I am sure Mukesh Ambani and TRAI would resolve it before actual launch,then yes I would love to use it continuously  :) :tup

I guess I would also continue but only as a secondary option, so voted yes.

ilikered said:
I guess I would also continue but only as a secondary option, so voted yes.

just because of new number or service not that good yet ?

No. As for the last month or so BSNL 3G is providing better speed than Jio (but for late nights and early morning) and trying to get a call connected is a pain in the butt and I am talking about connecting Jio to Jio also, tried calling my father's Jio 10 times with my Jio but failed and BSNL connected in a second.

So till it is free I will keep it then throw it away.

Thanks for the free service Mr. Ambani

Prathamesh said:
just because of new number or service not that good yet ?
The new number. But if I see any improvement in calling then I plan to port my primary number too, provided they come up with that 299 plan in postpaid too.

I am getting only 2 Mbps max in Chennai....
As users increased network got slowed down

As of now, network is getting better day by day. But its too early to tell whether i will use after 31st dec or not.
Calls are getting easily connected and luckily, being in Agra, a 2 tier city, am getting decent speeds.
Here is speed test results from recent days..
5afcde9517569e9fba7e7c6a72883d4c.jpg

ede0b637b5a72f67c62deb1403623b1c.jpg

And, this is not just on speed test. I daily need to upload big files and with Jio, am able to upload files superfast and also getting 1mbps to 4mbps on torrent.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock