Seeking Help Getting Wrong sms from Jio

Optimus_Prime

Contributor
Reaction score
From past few days I am receiving the sms from jio regarding I ordered a jio Sim with number and order ID. Today I received a sms that The number will be activated by 6 AM today.

But I have not applied for any jio sim and the said number is not belonged to me.

I think , during application of Porting out , someone(maybe Jio Representative or the Owner himself) put mistakenly wrong number(here my number) as his alternate contact number.

Now
1. What consequences I may face regarding this.
2. How to rectify this issue.

I know lot of telecom expert is here please anyone put some light on it.

Last edited:
It requires OTP during Port request for alternate mobile number verification but how someone has attached your number without OTP verification?

During Port out they ask alternate mobile number to send updates of Port request & to send verification code to activate the SIM after port out.

AFAIK you'll not face any consequences except receiving some messages, you can also report the issue by contacting Jio customer care.

I clicked on track order and they sent OTP to a number. If you receive any OTP, don't think about it.

I clicked on track order and they sent OTP to a number. If you receive any OTP, don't think about it.
And bro, you should remove order I'd and number from post. Who knows, due to Jio's mistake, someone else getting unnecessary OTPs and calls.

@Optimus_Prime bro, kindly hide the mobile number and order ID from the first post. We do not allow sharing of personal information on public threads even if the details don't belong to you.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock