Has Jio changed your internet usage, experience & will you continue after december?

• Thread starter PRK
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 47
  • Views: Views 4,491

Will you continue with Jio after 31st Dec 2016 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In one side giving free internet and in other side not allowing us to use the free data by reducing the signal strength... They think we are fools.. Sorry for the bad comment..

Balaji G said:
In one side giving free internet and in other side not allowing us to use the free data by reducing the signal strength... They think we are fools.. Sorry for the bad comment..

lol. You don't have to be sorry for anything. I understand your problem. Here is some info.
Jio operates on 3 Bands: Band 3, Band 5, Band 40.
Band 40 gives maximum speeds, even more than 50Mbps and is exclusively for data use. In small cities, this band might not be present and so low speeds there. Depends on whether they have a license to operate this band in your location. After congestion, this band is giving good speed of 10-20Mbps for most or even more.

Band 5 is mostly for Data + VoLTE calling : This band is present in many places and speeds are around 20Mbps. But as there is a lot of congestion here, so people are getting around 2-5Mbps speeds.

Band 3 is mostly for VoLTE calling and some data. The speeds on this band for data are low comparatively as most calls take place via this band. If you have this band only in your location, you will get bad speeds as the speed is less and with congestion gets worse.

Also, some old 4G phones don't support Band 20, so do check that also while buying phones if you want to get best speeds on Jio.

@Prathmesh bro, you provided a very detailed information regarding 4g. Thanks for that.
I hope people will learn from your post and understand.

rtz2042 said:
@Prathmesh bro, you provided a very detailed information regarding 4g. Thanks for that.
I hope people will learn from your post and understand.

thanks

Reliance Jio is Best have stopped Using Airtel from past 2 weeks no more call drops n Lighting 4G Speed

Prathamesh said:
lol. You don't have to be sorry for anything. I understand your problem. Here is some info.
Jio operates on 3 Bands: Band 3, Band 5, Band 40.

I knew this bla bla things. Jio network and the speed are good before it was opened to everyone. I used to get around 40mbps in my lyf phone those days. Now it's totally strange not even the speeds are same as my Vodafone 3G. Many times signal drop or total signal disappearance. Fortunately I didn't go for MNP, if I have gone then I would be fired by my clients.

CC is says it's free service why you are worrying about the network issue.

Vodafone customer care initially alerted me to not to go for jio, and they are not having strong network like Vodafone.

Whatever Vodafone said is coming true over days.

^ Of course they are gonna say that because nobody in the industry wants loss in business. I agree there might be congestion in jio network at your place but it wil surely be sorted out soon.
Well, i understand your anger but no point in that. Stop using jio and enjoy vodafone. As simple as that..

Speed has been increased in my area again since last few days I am again getting 20-25 mbps in jio

Balaji G said:
I knew this bla bla things. Jio network and the speed are good before it was opened to everyone. I used to get around 40mbps in my lyf phone those days. Now it's totally strange not even the speeds are same as my Vodafone 3G. Many times signal drop or total signal disappearance. Fortunately I didn't go for MNP, if I have gone then I would be fired by my clients.

CC is says it's free service why you are worrying about the network issue.

Vodafone customer care initially alerted me to not to go for jio, and they are not having strong network like Vodafone.

Whatever Vodafone said is coming true over days.

At a rate of average 20 GB per person per month, 15 mln Jio subscribers will generate 300 mln GB per month — many times more than the amount of data carried by all the subscribers of operators like Idea and Vodafone.

Even Bharti Airtel, India’s no. 1 operator, carried only around 45 million GB per month last quarter. Vodafone and Idea carry only around 27-28 mln GBs per month.

Reliance Jio to overtake Bharti Airtel in data traffic even before 4G launch - RTN.ASIA

And in recent report :

The company already has an estimated 20-30 mln data users on its network and is adding between 0.5 to 1 mln per day. This is not far behind an established operator like Idea, which has around 49 mln subscribers.

However, the key difference is in usage.

Each of these Jio subscribers are using around 1 GB of data per day; perhaps more on a Sunday like today.

In comparison, an average Idea Cellular data subscriber uses 22 MB per day. In other words, an average Jio customer is using between 50 to 100 times more data than an Idea customer.

Given that the price difference between Jio and Idea is only around 35% or so, this kind of huge disparity in consumption cannot be maintained once the new network starts charging for its services.

In other words, there’s very little chance that the same person who was using only 20 MB per day on Idea’s network would use 1,000 or 2,000 MB per day when he shifts to the new network.

According to our estimate, per-day consumption would be in the 100 MB range from Jan 1 onwards, when the company will start charging its users.

However, by then, the total number of users on RJio’s network will also double to 50 mln.

Yet — even after factoring in this increase in users — the total quantum of data flowing across the network would see a drastic fall – from 30 mln GB per day at present to about 0.5 mln GB (100 MB * 50 mln users) per day.

This kind of fall would immediately take care of any speed issues users may be experiencing now.

Slow Reliance Jio internet speed? Why changing 4G bands is of limited use - RTN.ASIA
So don't compare Elephant with ant  ;)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock