OTF Exclusive Got Jio AirFiber Max connection installed

Upload speed more than download speed, first time seeing such result on AirFiber. Latency is also equivalent with JioFiber. 😃

Can you share a Ookla Speedtest result? Because Jio Netvelocity is known to provide inflated results.
Sure bro i will post the speed test soon from all the different app and devices

Why jio has given 2 wan port in their airfiber routers ? I have done an experiment by connecting jio fiber router lan port to airfiber router 2nd wan port each other to see if it will work or not simultaneously and combine the speed of both. But sadly it didn't work and instead airfiber restarted give only fiber plan speed after reboot😅
But no rj11 port for landline phone.
Also currently we can't give wifi name of both the band separately. If we choose to rename one band other will rename the same automatically. But password can be set different.
Also Because both the bands have same name so we may face difficulty while connecting smart iot devices with the router if that device only supports 2.4ghz band.
So jio has provided a option 'iot onboarding mode' in their jio home app to connect those iot devices through mobile.

Last edited:
Since we are talking about AirFiber Max, someone on YouTube has shared that his AirFiber Max stopped working within a day after installation and the Jio team aren't able to fix it.

Link to the short videos (in serial parts):

I have also seen this video before installing airfiber max connection and got afraid by his review. And asked jio agent about this, they assured me these things will never happen to our connection, and they got no complaints in my area atleast till now. Hope this will keep working atleast for next 8 months till my plan is get over😅. Otherwise i will attack with my people to jio office as their state headquarter is just few minutes away (less than 1km) from my home.🤣

Last edited:
what is iot onboarding mode ?
Its a method of connecting smart home devices (which only supports 2.4ghz band) to the router which only have one ssid for both the bands. Sometimes iot devices can't connect to those router so phone app acts as a medium to connect those devices with 2.4ghz band only.
Here's an example of that type of router and same will applies for jio airfiber router as well.

Iot onboarding mode option present in jio home app.
Screenshot-20240323-112646-Jio-Home.jpg

Connection is just installed 2hr ago. installation process is very lengthy as compared to wire fiber. lots of process needs to be done- check tower location - check highest signal direction (RSRP, SINR) - installing antenna - alignment of antenna to catch highest signal at that point - laying down cat5e lan wire - intall splitter (mu) - then after that intall router and connect poe to odu (a6 ubr) and router. after that account is created and connection is actived from the office.
will post more pics soon.
airfiber plus (max) --- that means max is replaced by plus word?

at what point jio/SA or technician confinmed that you will get max with directional antenna shown by you?

The outdoor unit is like a mini-dish huh? I have non-Max 100mbps AirFiber recently and the ODU is like a box...

So, my question is, in future if I want to opt for Max higher speed like 300 mbps, is it possible with existing device or they will not permit?

See my posts in another thread:

and

Was fun while it lasted 🙃

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock