My terrible experience with Jio AirFiber

aryanraj

Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my personal review regarding Jio Airfiber. The review is genuine and i am very strict about transparency and my ethics to use and recommend a product or service.

I am a Web Developer, Trader and marketer. I work on Internet all day.

I live in a village and as an introvert, it is hard for me to move out to a town. I prefer working from my tiny place. There is no optic fiber, one or two local fiber is available but i always had argued over the pricing with local vendors so i was keeping an eye on getting airfiber as few years back we had bsnl airfiber which was giving about 2-5mbps plan at somwhere rs 600-800. However, we switched to airfiber from local vendor which we where having issues with the speed due to no line of sight and higher buildings.

I shown interest in jio airfiber multiple times and,

One day i got a call from Local Jio office that Air Fiber is available so i said YES to them and then the problem started.

1. The person keep making false promises that he will visit me today, next day and what not. The office location was just 5min away.
  2. Later after visiting office, they guy came after2-3days for booking and have done the kyc and made the payment. However, it was put on hold intentionally if i assume because it is still happenning. They put the first order on hold after the payment.
  3. I had to paid second time and the guy said it will be refunded within 5-7days which was a complete lie. Rs 8481.84 (refunded) + Rs 8481.84 paid for single connection and i still see many users orders being put on hold.
  4. It took me two weeks, yes after visiting the local office to get it installed. It was a simple installation. No complain about this.
  5. Now as it installed, i had to beg for my own money of the hold order reaching different channels. It was refunded after 20days after i said to raise the complain with NCH.

During this whole period (3-4weeks), i faced huge issues with the services however as i had paid and with introvert nature, i just tried to find the fixes.

1. Router range is amazinf but it has frequent disconnection issue which is the worst issue i have faced.
  2. Previously i was using local fiber and the internet was always available in my phone via wifi but with jioairfiber, the wifi itself get disconnected. Still Now.
  3. Multiple sites are not accessible including some of mine. Blocked via Jio Firewall. Improved but still blocking the sites and even it not show most of the time that the site is blocked via jio firewall. it just can't check the request. Mostly OVH ips where my sites were hosted. I purchased VPN to access my own sites.
  4. I had to allow all ipv4 for service type any to make it work. Affiliate links and other cloaked urls were also not working.
  5. The speed is good as per the plan however it drops at peak hours normally at the evening.
  6. The speed goes down to 1mbps-2mbps during rainy, storm weather.
  7. The Internet stop working anytime for 5-10 minutes. Sometime you will need to restart the router.
  8. The reconnection takes 5-10minutes to reconnect.
  9. 1TB FUP is low, yes it is. With Zoom, Backups, Netflix, Servers. it is low for me. in Jan, even with minor uses it reached 1tb and received no warning, i was asked to pay for booster plan which was itself costing a month of the price for 2-3days of the renewal.
  10. Promised Fiber calling was/is not live or working.
  11. No Bridge mode.
  12. Can't turn off Wifi.
  13. Can't block a device.
  14. Can't get a static IP.
  15. Locked Router.
  16. Can't have different SSIDS for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz

Despite all of this, i was keeping it hoping to get things improved untill i lost few clients due to this poor service. I missed an important call with my client for a website fix. With design, i can delay the work but with website hack, malwares, it is important to get the work done quickly. They refused to work with me because of the delay in response for this urgent work. i posted the speedtest after the internet somehow worked
Now, it the the moment that triggered my mind. and After looking at the amount of Twitter complain regrading Jio Airfiber, i had to take the action. I requested for the connection cancellation and partial refund and guess they were so lazy to respond. Even the Nodal, appellate not reposponding.

The amount like Rs 5,000 or 10,000 for the service is not the issue. Issue is offering poor network, service and support is. They are hiding behind the unethical no-refund policy which we never opt for. If it had outstanding payment on the postpaid, they have rights to get the money but now when i have have advanced payment, i have no rights to get it back?

A Good company would refund the full amount and here i am asking for the partial amount only which they are simply refusing. I am going to file a consumer court complain and will fight for what is right. Thousands of users are scammed with this poor service.

A public petition is available here Sign the Petition where all the issues are mentioned.

BSNL is also a main culprit, the reason we need to look for a private company for interent. I file GST, ITR so government waste our money on BSNL. BSNL employees are lazy, unprofessional, rude and not offer any help. Even the BSNL twitter support is worst. Government can't offer education, job and internet and ask for taxes when you earn. Internet is the core of an online business, education after kovid but who cares
There is no issue with Jio Fiber/ Optic Fiber. Although the Jio support is the worst in both.

Please don't buy Jio Airfiber if you have optic fiber available. It is expensive and You will regret about this each day.

Most of the mentioned claims of the issues are recorded, even the request to visit for booking. asking to refund hold order and the issue of the network.

CkZslQO.jpeg

sVPloK3.jpeg

tXX1YZw.png

m5bA4zi.jpeg

Not able to attach images and showing error from imgur

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for your loss, tbh Jio Air fiber network depend on your mobile network coverage, It' still in new rollout phase. It need some time for improvements. My cousins didn't faced any issue with Jio Fiber much for surfing but by some accidently fire circuit made Jio airfiber bust so after his call, they refund the amount but after 5-6 hours on going call. He told me speed is as normal like fiber but only advantages as jiotv subscrption and jio cinema premium benefits.

I'm so sorry for your loss, tbh Jio Air fiber network depend on your mobile network coverage, It' still in new rollout phase. It need some time for improvements. My cousins didn't faced any issue with Jio Fiber much for surfing but by some accidently fire circuit made Jio airfiber bust so after his call, they refund the amount but after 5-6 hours on going call. He told me speed is as normal like fiber but only advantages as jiotv subscrption and jio cinema premium benefits.
it is not. the issue is itself with the mimo devices and router. Frequent disconnection RSSI issue is real and thousands of requests are being raised daily. just look at the twitter search.

Bihar Sharif, Nalanda

Bihar Sharif Is a city
Nalanda is a district

as you said in 1st post, you are from village. whats your village name.
may be in your village airfiber not available. that's y technician not ready to install on first time.
may be your forced technician to install on second time. (reference your comment- I shown interest in jio airfiber multiple times)
may be your are first airfiber customer in your village.

What ever it is, you need to enquiry about product on near by users.

@aryanraj bro, Welcome to OnlyTech 🙂

Bro, what about jio 5g & 4g mobile signal coverage (upload & download speed) in your area?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock