Who Will Be The Broadcasters For India's Tour Of Newzealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Srajal Ag

Reaction score
The tour is gonna start in 13 days but still there r no broadcasters set for the series .....

i hav created this thread so that we guys can discuss on this topic properly in a right section with no other sport or dth involved....

people r saying that there will be huge fight btw chs to gain rights but i dont think there will be any big fight btw broadcasters for rights of new zealand home matchs bcoz the match start at 2 am in night for tests n 6 am in mornings for odi for indian viewers so there will be only few indians watching test matchs at night n for odis dd also show matchs so less views for broadcasters and once india play only 2 tests this yr they wont go there for atleast next 4 yrs n only few r interested in other countries matchs with nzealand .....SPENDING CRORES IS NOT EASY so broadcaster will think hundred times b4 investing.....

Star n ten already hav so many main countries home matches like india australia england and south africa west indies srilanka etc respectively

Star is very keen in having ipl rights n they already hav icc n asia cup rights so they wont go for nzealand ones i think

i think sony will definately try bcoz they had them earlier n use to showcase matchs on max n they also dont hav a major country home matches rights other than pakistan ( i guess now )and they dont hav any problem in early morning matches as they show nba daily

this is my opinion so let the discussion began...

Coolboy said:
The tour is gonna start in 13 days but still there r no broadcasters set for the series .....

i hav created this thread so that we guys can discuss on this topic properly in a right section with no other sport or dth involved....

people r saying that there will be huge fight btw chs to gain rights but i dont think there will be any big fight btw broadcasters for rights of new zealand home matchs bcoz the match start at 2 am in night for tests n 6 am in mornings for odi for indian viewers so there will be only few indians watching test matchs at night n for odis dd also show matchs so less views for broadcasters and once india play only 2 tests this yr they wont go there for atleast next 4 yrs n only few r interested in other countries matchs with nzealand .....SPENDING CRORES IS NOT EASY so broadcaster will think hundred times b4 investing.....

Star n ten already hav so many main countries home matches like india australia england and south africa west indies srilanka etc respectively

Star is very keen in having ipl rights n they already hav icc n asia cup rights so they wont go for nzealand ones i think

i think sony will definately try bcoz they had them earlier n use to showcase matchs on max n they also dont hav a major country home matches rights other than pakistan ( i guess now )and they dont hav any problem in early morning matches as they show nba daily

this is my opinion so let the discussion began...

Very well explained bro but don't take Neo out of this competition bcuz they are still very much alive and running, now they stopped telecasting n.zealand and w.indies series may be they where not getting any profit has the matches where telecasted during last nights. Now it is still not confirmed whether they have lost their rights for New Zealand home matches or they just don't want to telecast this series bcuz of loss. We still need to wait until confirmation that Neo is totally out of this rights league. Now for me after Neo i think Sony six is the favorite to get the rights for India tour new zealand bcuz they still Don't own any right of a big sporting event beside IPL. So i favor Sony Six rather than Star or Ten bcuz they won't bid big but i am sure that Sony will bid big to grab the rights of this series and make their channel Sony six a world class sporting channel like Star sports and Ten.

If sony six will be the broadcaster then sony six HD will definitely lunch on tata sky before jan 19.I desperately wants sony six to take the rights becoz of sony six HD.Neo channels doesn't have a special HD channel like Sony six HD.So,we can't enjoy NZ VS IND series in HD if it will broadcast on Neo channels.

Nz cricket right is not a good profitable deal for broadcaster because
1. Nz is a very small market
2. Nz is located at far east so match played there will be at late midnight or early morning for south Asian countries (largest revenue producer for cricket )which is a bad time for watching cricket.

dipayan said:
Nz cricket right is not a good profitable deal for broadcaster because
1. Nz is a very small market
2. Nz is located at far east so match played there will be at late midnight or early morning for south Asian countries (largest revenue producer for cricket )which is a bad time for watching cricket.
:no:no
It is only because india have next tour in 2019 after this short tour.That's why it isn't profitable to the broadcaster.

WI get broadcaster.Then why NZ can't get?
NZ cricket production is one of the best in the world.:k

If Sony Six gets the rights then India vs New Zealand 1st ODI might be live on SET MAX:lol because at that time Pakistan vs Sri Lanka 3rd Test 4th Day would be going on.ODI will end at 2:15 PM IST while the tests start at 11:30 AM IST.That means 2hours 45 minutes of Test Play till finish of ODI.Otherwise Pakistan vs Sri Lanka won't be live on Six untill finish of ODI and fans will miss 2hours 15 minute play.

Re: RE: Who Will Be The Broadcasters For India's Tour Of Newzealand

Basil Ak said:
If Sony Six gets the rights then India vs New Zealand 1st ODI might be live on SET MAX:lol because at that time Pakistan vs Sri Lanka 3rd Test 4th Day would be going on.ODI will end at 2:15 PM IST while the tests start at 11:30 AM IST.That means 2hours 45 minutes of Test Play till finish of ODI.Otherwise Pakistan vs Sri Lanka won't be live on Six untill finish of ODI and fans will miss 2hours 15 minute play.

Absolutely agree bro

If Six continue to grab up rights,then i think Sony will have launch another sports channel in the upcoming months otherwise they will have problems to show live telecast of sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock