Purchased a JioFiber Prepaid connection - installation experience and initial Impressions inside

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 34
  • Views: Views 8,898
Thank you very much for the wishes, everyone. 😊

Ping for Jio seems a little high. May not be suitable for gaming.
Yes bro. I can also guarantee that such terrible pings won't perform great for gaming. But then I am not a gamer anyway. 😄

1. You should check their ping. That always seem to be high and it will cause problem in watching OTT(Happened with me as you can see. I posted in that jio thread).
Yes bro. I have checked the ping. It's always above 30ms and goes up to 40-50ms. Gives a copper wire broadband like feeling. #old_is_gold 😁

2. About that free plan, it's free for 3rd month. It's like 1st month is free. For 2nd month, you have to recharge. Then only you can use that voucher on 3rd month.
Yes bro, the sales guy also said the same thing. For the 2nd month, I have to recharge to redeem the free referral benefit on the 3rd month. My bad, I forgot to mention it in the first post.

But Why You Get Without OTT STB While You Have Allready Unother Normal Connection For Normal Useage.
I have an Android TV (Sony Bravia 4K HDR) bro that suffices the smart TV requirements already. Apart from that, I mostly cast videos from my mobile phone on TV using the TV's inbuilt Chromecast.

Also, I personally felt from all my research that the Jio Fiber set-top box is not great. While I am not claiming it to be bad/terrible, I disliked it.

If I ever plan to opt for a hybrid STB, I would pick the Tata Play Binge+ STB instead of any other boxes.

But why u not using Railwire any more? Any ongoing issue ?
Any reason why u switched from Railwire ???
No big issues bro, but recently I face some frequent downtimes and mostly the downloads were slow from international servers.

It wasn't like Railwire bad, I only opted for Jio Fiber because I wanted to try it out.

Are OTT apps subscription free with 150 mbps plan?
I didn't receive the OTT apps benefits even though I have the 150Mbps plan.

From what I have understood with the help of the internet reviews, OTT apps require activation through the Jio Fiber set-top box, and since I don't have that I can't use the OTT apps.

Even i got jiofiber in december. Paid 1500 in total and got 1 month extra via referral scheme. Didn't opt for STB as its not upto the mark at all, so got no OTT subscription. I agree with OP that the drop cable is super flimsy, it reminds me of old copper 1pair cable bsnl used to provide. The quality of installation service and hardware is pretty good. I was on 150Mbps plan and speeds never crossed 140Mbps for me. Also pings are high than my local isp but international pings are relatively better as of now, because jio isn't affected much due to under sea cable cuts in comparison to ISPs relying on airtel or tata as transit. Reliability wise i haven't faced any downtime yet in my 1month usage.

@Bapun Bro, can you post pics of the fiber cable being used ???
Exactly the same one that is shared by @CarthikNaga here.

Congratulations @Bapun Raz Bro.

Yes, but you'll have to pay Rs. 2500 for the Internet + OTT bundle at the time of installation.

If you are opting for prepaid, then you'll have to pay Rs. 1500 refundable deposit and if you want set top box then you'll have to pay Rs. 2500.

You can go for postpaid, you will not have to pay any installation charge or security deposit, if you opt for 3, 6 or 12 month plan. But, if you need set top box you'll have to pay Rs. 1000 refundable security deposit. Also, postpaid doesn't come with any free trial.
have u taken jiofiber postpaid?

do they provide bill every month after 3/6months, which we need to pay before billing due date , of 10days?
or after 3/6 months again pay for3/6months?

Today I have connected the Jio HomeGateway device through LAN cable with my TP Link Archer C6 router.

The new Jio device model that I have got has great wifi range already (saying this based on my own experience) but the TP Link router enhances the range further, that's the reason I connected it.

I am getting the exactly same speed through both devices.

This is a speedtest result that I just did with the TP Link router with 5GHz wifi band:

ODsFSuc.png

Today I have connected the Jio HomeGateway device through LAN cable with my TP Link Archer C6 router.

The new Jio device model that I have got has great wifi range already (saying this based on my own experience) but the TP Link router enhances the range further, that's the reason I connected it.

I am getting the exactly same speed through both devices.

This is a speedtest result that I just did with the TP Link router with 5GHz wifi band:

ODsFSuc.png
Have you done any changes to C6 router to be able to work as a secondary wired repeater?

Have you done any changes to C6 router to be able to work as a secondary wired repeater?
No. I have just connected the JioFiber device to the router's WAN port. Then configured it using Dynamic IP mode.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock