Discussion Hotstar have Any Plan to Include Disney Channels Content in its Platform?

Lovethislife

Reaction score
As they already become a single company i want to know any plan is going on to provide Disney content on Hotstar ?

They haven't announced yet. But sooner or later all Disney and TV Asahi content will come to Hotstar.

They haven't announced yet. But sooner or later all Disney and TV Asahi content will come to Hotstar.
But i think they dont have TV Asahi content digital rights but i really hope they will get all digital rights for hotstar

But i think they dont have TV Asahi content digital rights but i really hope they will get all digital rights for hotstar
Have you noticed the pattern how Asahi is removing content from YouTube? Exactly like how hotstar is doing. Also Doraemon and Shinchan have been also removed from Prime Video. I don't see Netflix and Voot acquire Asahi's shows.

Disney's most anticipated video streaming service 'Disney Plus' will get launch by the end of 2019. They are slowly withdrawing their original contents from miscellaneous ott platforms who had previous deals with them. Also many fresh series are set to go under Marvel,X men franchise etc.As of now In India Disney plus contents will stream through Hotstar. So on or before launching it we can expect Disney shows to come in Hotstar. As India's #1 streaming app in their hands Disney never needs a second thought for it. Even before the Disney fox deal, all Walt Disney Studios distributed movies were gone to Star. After the deal it became cemented. Same may happen for streaming service.
Is there any app that we can watch Disney network (including UTV) channels live? I didn't find it on Jio TV.

Last edited:
Have you noticed the pattern how Asahi is removing content from YouTube? Exactly like how hotstar is doing. Also Doraemon and Shinchan have been also removed from Prime Video. I don't see Netflix and Voot acquire Asahi's shows.
Yes you are right they removing their content from youtube & prime ....hope we will get all tv asahi shows hindi dub episodes & movies on hotstar.

This will be a better thing in short term. As we have to spend less for the content or just for one OTT service. But in long run it is not a healthy thing. They are kind of heading towards monopoly. It will be same like how star is behaving now. 1 match in 10 channel!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock