HBO content removed from Disney+ Hotstar in India

Harsha1996

Contributor
Reaction score
HBO content is on the verge of moving from Indian platform Disney+ Hotstar, where it has been streaming since 2016.
Warner Bros. wants to move its prestigious HBO content onto its own HBO Max, which might launch in India as part of Prime Video Channels.

Last edited:
HBO content is on the verge of moving from Indian platform Disney+ Hotstar, where it has been streaming since 2016.
Warner Bros. wants to move its prestigious HBO content onto its own HBO Max, which might launch in India as part of Prime Video Channels.
Hotstar dead 😂

As prime already had deal with WBD over movies and max originals, high chance that HBO contents join the platform. As per reports it will be rental or prime video channel window. If so it will be a hit for viewers.

So, HS is only gonna have Star serials now? And some originals.
No IPL, no HBO :(
Still it can manage as the biggest ott house.
Apart from Star serials there are shows & movies from FX, ABC, Disney, Marvel, Nat Geo, Lucas, 20th Century, Searchlight, Hulu,.Pixar etc. Hotstar Originals, a vast collection of movies across major Indian languages and major sports events.
Afterall IPL & HBO was there Trump card. So its void appears big to people.

Still it can manage as the biggest ott house.
Apart from Star serials there are shows & movies from FX, ABC, Disney, Marvel, Nat Geo, Lucas, 20th Century, Searchlight, Hulu,.Pixar etc. Hotstar Originals, a vast collection of movies across major Indian languages and major sports events.
Afterall IPL & HBO was there Trump card. So its void appears big to people.
Now Hotstar has another threat from Netflix, which acquires most regional and Hindi movies in 2023

Paying subscribers to Hotstar.
Source
But, bro do you think Disney doesn't have plans to defend this because they are the ones who is cancelling this deal as part of restructuring plan by Bob iger..
Maybe they will produce more Indian original content and acquire more Indian movies..
Anyway, it will effect some customers but I don't think they will loose huge subs. Because of this hbo content... As it is still a niche content

But, bro do you think Disney doesn't have plans to defend this because they are the ones who is cancelling this deal as part of restructuring plan by Bob iger..
Maybe they will produce more Indian original content and acquire more Indian movies..
Anyway, it will effect some customers but I don't think they will loose huge subs. Because of this hbo content... As it is still a niche content
Producing more Indian original content by Disney+ Hotstar will be the greatest cruelty towards people🥴. They are downgrading webseries to Star Plus serial level day by day dumping series with poor script and production. While Netflix, Prime and all others try to keep the standard of webseries against television soap operas. I can accept HBO leaving Hotstar but they raising quantity over quality of originals is intolerable. It will be fair if they invest that money to buy movies.

Now Hotstar has another threat from Netflix, which acquires most regional and Hindi movies in 2023
Yeah, they need to have a proper balance. You will big movies like Vikram, VK Rona and Sita Raman. After than what are we suppose to watch? So it makes sense to buy ₹149 for 3 months pack. They have been banking on some odd Disney+ and HBO content. Cricket is there but it's limited to ICC events now which will take place one or twice a year. BCCI events are meh. I think they need to collaborate with some other studios like BBC, ITV, etc.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock