Discussion Hotstar have Any Plan to Include Disney Channels Content in its Platform?

I disagree Balaji produces saas bahu shows for TV. But produces edgy shows catering to youths on its streaming platform Alt Balaji. The deal is these studios doesn't have fairy godmother investors like Netflix does. So they can't produce good quality shows on limited budgets. There are many other studios doing the same. I am just giving you one as example.
Who is even bothering with Alt Balaji, Viu and Ullu. These are not what I'm talking about. Strictly Netflix, Prime and hotstar. Other than Netflix other originals from India are flop. Hotstar produced remakes which haven't been a huge success. It doesn't matter to me because i appreciate content no matter in which language it is. I'm ready to watch it with subtitles but not many Indians are.

Forget OTT. I'm talking about tv channels who do have a decent budget and pay their actors well. Can't they make shows targeted for youth anymore? Any such shows on Star Plus or See? Not talking about Reality shows. Crime, Thriller etc. Star One had many such shows 😔

Who is even bothering with Alt Balaji, Viu and Ullu. These are not what I'm talking about. Strictly Netflix, Prime and hotstar. Other than Netflix other originals from India are flop. Hotstar produced remakes which haven't been a huge success. It doesn't matter to me because i appreciate content no matter in which language it is. I'm ready to watch it with subtitles but not many Indians are.

Forget OTT. I'm talking about tv channels who do have a decent budget and pay their actors well. Can't they make shows targeted for youth anymore? Any such shows on Star Plus or See? Not talking about Reality shows. Crime, Thriller etc. Star One had many such shows 😔
Bindass use to make amazing shows catering to teens before the existence of Indian OTT services. Did you watch those?

Bindass use to make amazing shows catering to teens before the existence of Indian OTT services. Did you watch those?
Not much. Only thing i remember watching on TV are Gumrah, MTV webbed, Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya and sometimes Yeh hai aashiqui on bindaas. Gumrah was amazing when Karan Kundra was hosting it. Some episodes were dark for a show meant for teens and young adults.

What will be Bindass future in the hands of Star? Will they nurture it or..?
I think it is bound to be Star Sports 1 Punjabi.
Edit - I am not being funny here. It is the reality. They already shut down Channel V. Before even shutting down they removed all teen shows from its channel. Most teens prefers watching OTT services than TV.

Last edited:
Star plus really tried very hard to bring good content during 2014-2017 but public response to it was very bad....in this period they produced very good shows in time slot of 10-11 pm for ex-Tamanna,dahleez,pow,everest,dil sambhal jaa zara,kya qusoor hai amla ka all this shows were very good in its content but people rejected it very badly their rating was approx 0.5 as at that time people were in love with regressive naagin even they produced good youth shows such as manmarzia but again response was very bad....so they stopped producing this type shows
Ek hasina thi is their only good content show which was decent in terms of trps but again this trp was not enough for 8pm so they cancelled ek hasina thi prematurely

Last edited:
Am missing old days when star plus used to bring good content ..after coming from school i was excited always to watch shows like vikral aur gabral, akadd bakkad bombay boo,sonpari,hatim,shaka laka boom boom,shh phir koi ha ...why they cant try to make these types different shows

Am missing old days when star plus used to bring good content ..after coming from school i was excited always to watch shows like vikral aur gabral, akadd bakkad bombay boo,sonpari,hatim,shaka laka boom boom,shh phir koi ha ...why they cant try to make these types different shows
These are the shows i was talking about. Phir Koi Hai was a massive hit yet they don't want to dive into horror genre anymore. Akkad Bakkad Bambey bo was one of the best teen horror show ever made. It wasn't dragged out and the plot was simple and fun. It was re aired on Star Utsav just 4 years back i think.

These are the shows i was talking about. Phir Koi Hai was a massive hit yet they don't want to dive into horror genre anymore. Akkad Bakkad Bambey bo was one of the best teen horror show ever made. It wasn't dragged out and the plot was simple and fun. It was re aired on Star Utsav just 4 years back i think.
Here i agree with you....nowdays none of broadcasters cares for kids,teens,youth....there are some cartoon shows for kids but not fantasy shows....really missing star one & old star plus fantasy shows

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock