Discussion Hotstar have Any Plan to Include Disney Channels Content in its Platform?

This will be a better thing in short term. As we have to spend less for the content or just for one OTT service. But in long run it is not a healthy thing. They are kind of heading towards monopoly. It will be same like how star is behaving now. 1 match in 10 channel!
You know it's funny that. No one has monopoly in streaming services. Hotstar's biggest competition isn't Netflix, Prime Video. It's pirated sites. Until government introduces strict anti piracy laws. No one ever will get to have monopoly.

You know it's funny that. No one has monopoly in streaming services. Hotstar's biggest competition isn't Netflix, Prime Video. It's pirated sites. Until government introduces strict anti piracy laws. No one ever will get to have monopoly.

Agreed!

But the main problem is people in India are reluctant to pay. They want everything free. Hence ad supported model is successful in India. Aside than pirated sites, there are modified apps.

Also I have seen in telegram hotstar yearly subscription is available for 50rs. they hacks someone's account & provides you ID Password.

Even if government bans such sites there would be another alternative. We all know torrents are still running even after the ban.

Off topic: your dp has cracked me most 😆😅

Agreed!

But the main problem is people in India are reluctant to pay. They want everything free. Hence ad supported model is successful in India. Aside than pirated sites, there are modified apps.

Also I have seen in telegram hotstar yearly subscription is available for 50rs. they hacks someone's account & provides you ID Password.

Even if government bans such sites there would be another alternative. We all know torrents are still running even after the ban.

Off topic: your dp has cracked me most 😆😅
It's not just reluctance. Most of us are paying a lot for broadband. If they reduce the price of internet one can definitely pay for OTT services. I've already almost stopped pirating unless i have no other options.

Telegram thing is unreliable. I had contacted few sellers to know how they're able to provide at such low cost. They're using tools for cracking but these accounts will eventually be useless as the owner (if he/she is smart) can detect it with very little efforts. They claim to give warranty which is again a lie. Best is to share an account with various friends/family members. This way you can save money as well as feel proud of not pirating.

Last edited:
This will be a better thing in short term. As we have to spend less for the content or just for one OTT service. But in long run it is not a healthy thing. They are kind of heading towards monopoly. It will be same like how star is behaving now. 1 match in 10 channel!
Monopoly seriously India is already flooded with ott services already 30+ ott services are in india....so Monopoly in streaming service ll never happen anytime soon

Even with threat from piracy OTT services are growing up. I was thinking what if no one can pirate anything from streaming apps..What will be their revenue?:ouch:On the other hand pirating platforms plays a major role in the increasing popularity of series than ads from the owner. Social media groups or pages which provide pirated copies,many discussions are going on there. So people are attracted.
Monopoly seriously India is already flooded with ott services already 30+ ott services are in india....so Monopoly in streaming service ll never happen anytime soon
No matter how many number. Content and Quality is important. Currently Hotstar, Amazon prime and Netflix are stronger in the field. Hotstar has a slight seasonal monopoly due to its sports content.

Even with threat from piracy OTT services are growing up. I was thinking what if no one can pirate anything from streaming apps..What will be their revenue?On the other hand pirating platforms plays a major role in the increasing popularity of series than ads from the owner. Social media groups or pages which provide pirated copies,many discussions are going on there. So people are attracted.

No matter how many number. Content and Quality is important. Currently Hotstar, Amazon prime and Netflix are stronger in the field. Hotstar has a slight seasonal monopoly due to its sports content.
Even i think future of netlfix is very bright in india too ..younger generation born after year 2000 is very much interested in netlfix..i see many kids from age 14 to 18 interested in watching netlfix content but most of them use pirated sites to watch content because there parents ll not give 500 rs month to subscribe to netlfix...but as all kids are growing and they ll start getting money they ll start subscribing netlfix and amazon etc

Even i think future of netlfix is very bright in india too ..younger generation born after year 2000 is very much interested in netlfix..i see many kids from age 14 to 18 interested in watching netlfix content but most of them use pirated sites to watch content because there parents ll not give 500 rs month to subscribe to netlfix...but as all kids are growing and they ll start getting money they ll start subscribing netlfix and amazon etc
In future I think OTT subscription will become a matter of 'Status'.Like DTH, electricity people will pay for it.

Yes soon dth services and tv channels ll start seeing decrease in ratings..kids are not interested in these saas bahu dramas ...only old womens are watching tv shows now days
Worst part is these Indian tv channels don't even bother producing content for youth. Atleast before they had shows meant for kids as well as a decent crime show like Special Squad which appealed to the youth but now i see nothing. Their target audience is just old and middle aged adults. English tv channels are just performing okay and i doubt many youngsters exclusively watch content on TV anymore.

Worst part is these Indian tv channels don't even bother producing content for youth. Atleast before they had shows meant for kids as well as a decent crime show like Special Squad which appealed to the youth but now i see nothing. Their target audience is just old and middle aged adults. English tv channels are just performing okay and i doubt many youngsters exclusively watch content on TV anymore.
I disagree Balaji produces saas bahu shows for TV. But produces edgy shows catering to youths on its streaming platform Alt Balaji. The deal is these studios doesn't have fairy godmother investors like Netflix does. So they can't produce good quality shows on limited budgets. There are many other studios doing the same. I am just giving you one as example.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock