OTF Exclusive ACT Stream 4K Box Initial Impressions & Review

Initial impression:-

1) Audio:- Excellent 5.1 audio. I am telling you guys, this is the best one I have seen in any streaming device. I've used mi box, fire tv stick gen 2 and 4k but none of them can match the audio experience that ACT has.

2) Launcher:- better launcher than traditional android tv launcher. Similar to what Mi has done with patchwall. Very easy to find apps/content. Whats more? Its just a one click subscribe on supported apps like hooq, zee5, yupptv etc and it will be billed to your broadband. Excellent integration

3) Live tv:- Even though the number of channels are very limited (89), the picture quality is awesome and catch up works great. This is going to be game changing if more channels are added. Currently only Discovery's and times network channels are available in a starter pack of Rs 50 while dd and act channels are free to view. And yes, they are waiving NCF completely

4) apps support :- all apps are working fine, specially Netflix. Some content is being shown as ultra hd and some as HDR but I dont see much difference. Audio quality is again very best in Netflix app. Never seen like it. Installed a few apks which are not available officially and they worked fine as well

5) Remote :- A bit heavier than mi box but has dedicated buttons for Netflix, YouTube, assistant etc.

6) the box itself:- Amazing build quality, made by skyworth. Had two usb ports, Ethernet port and micro sd card slot in addition to HDMI, spdf digital audio outputs. Similar to mi box in size. Act logo looks legit and dope on the box and remote

4) apps support :- all apps are working fine, specially Netflix. Some content is being shown as ultra hd and some as HDR but I dont see much difference. Audio quality is again very best in Netflix app. Never seen like it. Installed a few apks which are not available officially and they worked fine as well

Did you try installing Amazon prime video through APK and did it work ?

Last edited:
3) Live tv:- Even though the number of channels are very limited (89), the picture quality is awesome and catch up works great. This is going to be game changing if more channels are added. Currently only Discovery's and times network channels are available in a starter pack of Rs 50 while dd and act channels are free to

Are these channels via IPTV or cable TV ??? How do they work???

Are these channels via IPTV or cable TV ??? How do they work???
Its IPTV. But weirdly tey are following trai rules. Each channel name has a price tag. There is a combo pack of 50₹ giving all paid channels with no NCF charges

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock