My Experience with Jio AirFiber

No matter how much I used My usage cant exceed 350GB. Never touched 360GB yet in my 2 year of Jio Fiber 30mbps plan. My primary consumption is from non linear OTT based 4K TV.

Second month usage. 😶‍🌫️

YuahaAX.jpg
Do it. Cross the finish the line this month. We are rooting for you. :cheers:

Hi All,
I request every one , please don't fall in trap with Jio AirFiber and don't buy this product, it is useless, west of time & money. I got a new connection of JioAirFiber with 100 mbps plan 20 days back, from day 1 I'm facing problem, it's disconnecting frequently and if it connects also, I'm getting 1 to 5 mbps speed internet, still I'm facing issue and no one come to fix the issue after multiple tickets created & almost every day I called helpline, no use, hence I request everyone please please don't buy JioAirFiber

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. Worst Product & Worst Service ..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am using JioAir Fiber for 1.5 months, without any single issue.

I was actually looking for JioFiber for last 2 years, of course just for the OTT benefits. Jio AirFiber is NOT my priority as I already have Local Fiber and BSNL for BroadBand with BackUp respectively (Ironically backup BSNL has the most number of downtime comparing all - still using that for the 35 year old LandLine number). Local BB is from my friend, who has already provided Wireless BB as backup in case of fiber cable cut. The plan is 200Mbps for Rs999, using Airtel Backend. So I neither need high speed (which is 100Mbps) nor the reliability (comparing frequent cable cuts) of Jio Air Fiber. Since, Jio is NOT at all providing Fiber in our street (BSNL and LocalBB got everyone already), I have no other choice but to take Air Fiber connection for the OTT benefits.

I have also taken 599 plan with 30Mbps speed. Jio Tower is just stone throw away distance from my home and there is 100% line of sight. Hence I am getting minimum 600Mbps speed inside my home, but upload speed rarely touches 100Mbps. So it is useless to get 100Mbps connection. I have opted one year plan to avoid the Rs1000 deposit. The installation guys promised extra one month FREE (total 13 months), but it was a LIE. I got this for the TV and my parents' WiFi use.

My observations:-
01 - Set top box and its sw is superb, it even shows the battery level of the remote control. Only issue is sw can't detect thumb drive connected in USB port. (May be my device issue)
02 - WiFi range is surprisingly good and the modem is WiFi 6 one.
03 - Live TV is very good. But my mom loves watching Local channels in Cable TV, so I have to pay both for now. But for everyone else, you can cut the Cable TV connection. Picture clarity is much better here.
04 - Speed is 32Mbps, Up and down always (30Mbps plan). No problem playing 4K content, with already 2-3 people using the WiFi.
05 - Data Limit of 1000GB is ok for us. Our last month usage was around 400 GB only in-spite of all YT and other Live TV and OTT usage - mainly because it is not the primary connection.
06 - Modem / Router has to be restarted once every day or two. But since we are in TN, our daily power cuts (even though for few minutes) take care of it.
07 - Kindly avoid going for 100 Mbps plan. You will not get 100Mbps upload speed. Further 1000GB in 100Mbps flies way more faster if number of devices connected are more.
08 - This is best suited as BackUp connection, as there is no worry of fiber cable cuts.
09 - Not suitable for main / solo connection, especially when more 5G users connects to tower and of course the 1000GB limit.
10 - Problems 07 & 09 will be sorted out if Jio Towers start firing mmWaves (and lets hope it comes with more data limit by then)
Hey i was planning on taking JioAirFibre for my main Internet connection as my bsnl connection is showing many errors and network disturbances, and there is no good local isp in my area. I have called the jio center and checked the range in my area, and it was good. My main issue is the devices used in my home eats up a lot of data and i am worried about the 1000gb limit. Should I drop this or do you have any suggestions? Thanks

Hey i was planning on taking JioAirFibre for my main Internet connection as my bsnl connection is showing many errors and network disturbances, and there is no good local isp in my area. I have called the jio center and checked the range in my area, and it was good. My main issue is the devices used in my home eats up a lot of data and i am worried about the 1000gb limit. Should I drop this or do you have any suggestions? Thanks
You always have the top-up option , the same is available in Jio Fiber . must be available in Jio Airfiber too.

Bro, my area technician told I had asked about AirFiber, he told sir, connection drop frequently in your area, It's depend on jio tower range,

My suggestion go for jio fiber or another fiber connection

Bro, my area technician told I had asked about AirFiber, he told sir, connection drop frequently in your area, It's depend on jio tower range,

My suggestion go for jio fiber or another fiber connection
Yea my initial plan was jio fibre but unfortunately its not here, they told me that it would take `1 to 2 years to establish.
But i am under the 10 km coverage area of the jio tower. Will it cause trouble?

Yea my initial plan was jio fibre but unfortunately its not here, they told me that it would take `1 to 2 years to establish.
But i am under the 10 km coverage area of the jio tower. Will it cause trouble?
10km :skd:,Yes bro definitely u will face coverage & speed issue, don't go for air fiber, for me apartment Opposite jio tower available but facing signal issue, bro try bsnl fiber, railwire fiber or any other fiber connection,

For connection feasible check, send twitter dm, u will prompt response

@Prithi Deb are you using voice call feature using jio airfiber through any of jio calling apps whether it's working??

Then how long it will take for live tv features to get activated??

I got my connection installed today the technician said it will take upto 2 days for all the channels to become viewable..

Live tv throwing up error saying it will be available once your operator enables and whether it will get enabled or only digital tv option as a part of jio tv+ app alone will be working and jio live tv is something that is coming up in the future??

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock