My Experience with Jio AirFiber

OTT based channels exist only because broadband providers are pulling DTH customers. Do you really think anyone will provide backup broadband plans for ₹198/month without any motives?
No. Even in international markets such combo plans exist and in India there is lot more demand for linear tv channels alongside expanding OTT viewer base..... About plans being economical well that is the case for all products / services in India particularly those trying to widen its user base and currently most OTT platforms tying up with OTT aggregator platforms wherein deals r based on revenue sharing so there is no financial burden on mobile or broadband operators / OTT aggregator platforms as far as providing such content with their plans/offerings.

Linear TV is already seeing huge growth and so is OTT but now as more people r selecting only few OTT subscription plans or opting for combo plans available thru OTT aggregator apps hence almost all OTT platforms r adopting freemium revenue model to create more sustainable business model. Also there is a large section of audience which r chosing Smart Android Boxes to watch both linear tv channels and OTT content

Exactly with the increasing rate and increasing advertisement in TV helped user to switch from dth to ott.
But One Thing I ve noticed so far that sony ent made Ramayana serial only for their TV customer not even for sony Liv or any ott service provide like jio tv plus. If its going to be normal then it would be win win situation for both.
I think in future all broadcaster will made some program exclusive to linear tv user and some to OTT subscriber. And rest of them will be common for both medium

Incorrect. Yes thru free or low cost mobile data online streaming has gained traction but mostly this gain has been seen incase of free content available on YouTube etc. while those opting for subscription based OTT plans still remain lot lower bcoz of less broadband penetration and high pricing for internet + OTT plans.

Not only among older audience but youth too watch Linear TV Channels coupled with OTT content but incase of former ratio is more skewed towards Linear TV + Free YouTube content while for younger audience mix of TV Channels + OTT + YouTube form the watchlist.

Sony made the show "Shreemad Ramayan" TV exclusive so as to avoid division of audience among satellite + OTT as still TV commands higher ad revenue as compared to ad slot rates for live tv/content consumption on mobile devices or Connected TV's ..... Also this strategy of Sony will help channel attract more audience towards the show as with Lord Rama Temple opening in Ayodhya there is more interest among audience to watch shows like Ramayan

Does the router provided with jio Air Fiber supports Dual Wan, I came across this at jio Store. But they don't have any idea.

3kDTLt3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@sriram98 Routers HW will have support but I doubt that Jio's locked Firmware will allow u to use it properly.
Planning to book the Jio Air Fiber to use it as backup connection since Fiber cuts are more frequent in my area. If this feature is available, I can skip purchasing load balancer.

You can check this thread for more information

credit : @Prithi Deb
If I watch 6 to 7 hours tv daily what would the amount of data cusomed In month.

If I watch 6 to 7 hours tv daily what would the amount of data cusomed In month.
Even if you exceed there is an option of Top up. I am having 1000 GB where usage is one fourth only. I only watch 3-4 hrs daily but that is for Jio Fiber .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock