Samsung has launched the Bixby Text Call feature in India for select Galaxy phone models. According to Samsung, models that support Bixby Text Call as on Aug 2023 are Galaxy Z Fold, Fold 2, Fold 3, Fold 4, Fold 5, Galaxy Flip, Flip 5G, Galaxy Z Flip 3, Galaxy Z Flip 4, Galaxy Z Flip 5, Galaxy S20, S21, S22, and S23 lineups, Galaxy FE, Galaxy Note 20 series, Galaxy A34, A54, A52s, A82, A53, A33, A61, and A51.
Bixby is a virtual assistant made by Samsung and is only for Samsung users. Bixby always evolves and improves better with new features. Bixby Text Call feature enables Bixby to respond to your incoming phone calls in automated voice. You just have to type your message and the message will be transcribed to automated voice by Bixby. When the Bixby Text Call feature ends, you can look previous conversation logs.
How to enable the Bixby Text Call feature?
If your Galaxy phone supports Bixby Text Call feature, you can activate the feature by doing the following steps:
- Open the Phone app in your Galaxy phone, tap on the three vertical dots, and then tap on Settings.
- In the Bixby text call menu, tap on Bixby text call option to turn it on.
- You will be asked to download a language package from the in-built Galaxy Store if not installed.
How to use Bixby Text Call?
All Samsung eligible users note that the Bixby Text Call feature is used only during incoming phone calls. You will not hear the conversation between Bixby and the caller but can read the messages without any problem. The caller will only hear an automated voice. In India, the Bixby Text Call feature is available only in English.
- You will see the Bixby text call when you receive the call, tap on that. A green colored icon will show up. Just swipe it up to begin.
- Bixby will let the caller know that you are using an automated voice.
- Once the caller begins speaking, you will see their response transcribed on the screen.
- Quick response can also be selected from the bottom of the screen. Bixby will then read your response to the caller.
- To switch to voice call, tap Voice call button at the top of the screen.
- Tap End call button at the top of the screen to end the call.
How to view Bixby Text Call conversation logs?
After the call ends. Bixby will generate and stores conversation logs. To view those logs, follow the steps below:
- After opening Phone app and then tap on the Recents tab.
- Select a call which was handled by Bixby Call Text feature and then tap the Info icon i.e. “i”.
- A bubble icon will show up next to the call to view the full conversation log.
- To delete the conversation log, press Delete button on the top right corner.
Currently, the Bixby Text Call feature is available only for select Galaxy devices. However, the company is expected to expand this feature to other Galaxy devices soon.