Discussion YouTube and inappropriate ads

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 21
  • Views: Views 2,096

Do you have similar ads experience with YouTube?

• Total voters

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Few months back i was wondering if it was only me YouTube showing vulgar ads all the time which were none of my interest or relevant to me, but now got to know that is how they do to all these days. Then i ended up purchasing YouTube Premium subscription and those ads were gone.

This could be a strategic approach to force people buying their subscription and getting more apart from advertisements.

I came to know from Twitter they have been doing it for all.

Source

What more? They allow their advertisers to pick women pictures from various app & websites and reuse them in their advertisements. They should check ads carefully before publishing to respect their user preferences.

This is what i have been saying, a picture posted on Flipkart user review being used as an advertisement.

Source

Do share your experiences here.

Note: Please do not post any vulgar ad screenshots. Just add any discussions/feedbacks here.

Yah,facing same experience for three or more days.
One ad is just repeating.

Problem is not just with youtube. It's ad sense. These apps that endorse these vulgar content needs to banned from play store and ad sense. As a Xiaomi user. I get similar kinds of ads all over OS. I am pretty sure saw same kind of ads on a video editing app couple of days back.

Xiaomi is downloading vulgar content on my phone

Last edited:
Yeah I'm getting these since past few days even after using modded adfree version YouTube vanced. Now that someone famous has tweeted it...maybe they will rectify. These r not even related to browsing history. Eww.

Microsoft Edge somehow block all ads , so no ad at all during browsing on PC but at the time of using Youtube app in firetv i get Only ONE ad every time. That is Filmora video editor. 10 out of 10 time I get Filmora ad. And during browsing on youtube ap for mobile I never got any vulgar ad.
I get vulgar ad on other app but youtube never shown it to me.

Google is not strict in their Ad policies, I am forced to enable personalised ads because with that option disabled they always shows these vulgar Ads. Complaints don't work.

Even in their reply they are asking to use Ad personalisation to stop getting these Ads. Just a way to keep tracking users in name of personalised ads.
Source

I personally feel that smartphone brands play a role here. I have seen these type of ads in some specific smartphone brands. Same YouTube account in Samsung phone and other phone and you never search for vulgar terms..you will get vulgar ads in "other phone"..but clean ads in Samsung phone.

I personally feel that smartphone brands play a role here. I have seen these type of ads in some specific smartphone brands. Same YouTube account in Samsung phone and other phone and you never search for vulgar terms..you will get vulgar ads in "other phone"..but clean ads in Samsung phone.
I too feel the same.
But,in Today's case Those ads were coming in My samsung phone's Youtube Too.
Have anyone ever Observed the type of video that come in Suggestion in MI Browser and MI video?
Especially the Titles?
They are Like what mentioned by our @DJ Roy bro in his thread.
Especially their native apps are showing such ads too much.

Last edited:
I have a xiaomi device, first rule is to stop using their native apps (file explorer, mipay, video, music, browser, themes...etc).
Secondly uninstall any xiaomi apps if possible, some are uninstallable, just uninstall their updates.
Third disable all automatic updates, don't update any xiaomi apps, only update standalone apps from google play, manually.
You could use "no root firewall", if you want more control over which apps should access internet.
This way you'll face less ads and spam.
This method can be used for prevention of this problem.

I have a Samsung phone and i kept getting such ads until i purchased their Premium subscription to get ad free experience. I don't think what brand phone you have matters. Your experience might just be a coincidence, nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock