Discussion YouTube and inappropriate ads

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 21
  • Views: Views 2,093

Do you have similar ads experience with YouTube?

• Total voters
I have a Samsung phone and i kept getting such ads until i purchased their Premium subscription to get ad free experience. I don't think what brand phone you have matters. Your experience might just be a coincidence, nothing else.
These ads are intentional. I use a Huawei phone with no Google Play Service. I need to use a different version of YouTube app which doesn't have ads and supports my phone. But vulgar videos just shows up on the home tab now-a-days with no explanation of ads. As the ads are blocked but videos are not. These videos are 100% intentional.

Take the hint.

yes , I have already stopped and even hide system apps like Mi Video, mi music, share Me, theme, launcher , Store etc etc.
only I using Mi Remote and gallery App. though ad never seen on this two.
using ad free Nova Prime for better feel.
but still some of app(downloaded from Play store) showing vulgar ad.
and one more thing, while Browsing DDF, I get full page irrvalent ad on chrome.

Yeah I'm getting these since past few days even after using modded adfree version YouTube vanced.
You can turn off "Homescreen Ads" from Vanced Settings. I don't get any kind of Ad.

I have a Samsung phone and i kept getting such ads until i purchased their Premium subscription to get ad free experience. I don't think what brand phone you have matters. Your experience might just be a coincidence, nothing else.
I agree it might be coincidental bro. But that "other phone" which also has it's own App Store and browsers or apps like shareit push these type of ads everywhere in the mobile. Even in notifications too.

I thought i was the only one who got these unwanted ads , thanks to it i prefer using youtube with ad block settings from browser . Should not they be showing general ads against these .. I dont mind seeing good ad but i dont want these type of ads its really annoying more annoying even compared to normal ads i end up clicking on right option choosing the ad was in appropriate thn it shows message we will try not to show again .. but most times it doesn't allow to remove the ad . hope they work on eradicating or make it rare occurence.

I am getting such ads in my Redmi phone but not in Youtube App in Fire TV Stick.

There is an alternate explanation to this as well. How are ads shown to users? Because sponsors pay for it. However there is a limit to the number of times an ad will be shown. The business model might be much more complicated. But consider a case that a sponsor has paid for 10 views of it's Ad, and all the 10 views are over. Now none of the users will see this Ad. Why am I giving this explanation? Because that's kind-of what is happening now. The higher-paid sponsors' views are finishing faster than earlier, as people are spending more time on YouTube (Courtesy #Lockdown). With the inventory being used up, the lower sponsors (such vulgar content), starts popping up. Even Google AdSense might be facing such an inventory issue in the first time - hence we are seeing unrelated vulgar content.

Regarding the Ad creators misusing images from the public profiles of people - I am not sure on what policy does Google apply to screen Ads. So I will not comment on this.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock