New Jio Prepaid Plans launched, effective from December 2019

If I paid ₹149. It won't be much difference for me to pay ₹199. But if I was paying ₹399. ₹555 is too much to ask.

So you accept that Airtel, Vodafone and Idea has good speed in urban areas?

Meanwhile Airtel, Vodafone and Idea shot itself in the foot by capping the unlimited call minutes. Unlimited calls shouldn't be offered at first place even by Jio. They should have atleast waited next 2-3 months. People has the mindset that Jio to Jio is still free without being aware of unlimited minutes being available here too because of all these operator's shady terms and complicated sites. So Jio wins anyway.
AVOID speeds improves in urban/congested areas, but 4G signals weak in Indoors, so we rely on Wifi again.

So Jio has tried to put plans for everyone however if it continues to get more customers then again it will be not able to improve current state of data coverage. People will surely move to Airtel if they can afford.

There is a 329 plan for Jio(refer first post). Some 399 users may opt this instead of going to 555.
I usually go for short term plans ₹149 and ₹198 as I have suffered a lot in past recharging long term plans because there is no guarantee of services. That ₹329 seems as attractive as postpaid plans only if they allow us to recharge using main balance and don't revoke the discount coupons.

No 6GB 3 months plan on Airtel which is even on Voda/Idea...Damn that's a huge bummer for me as I mostly use WiFi so don't need huge data...

Last edited:
If a users uses Rs.399 (1.5 GB/day) before, then how can 6GB data sufficient for entire period (3 mo)?
I meant a small category, say my father who uses internet rarely, making calls medium and I exhaust his 1.5 GB/day mostly. As per the new plans we want to pay more than 500 go get 3000 offnet minutes. But 329 plan gives 3000 offnet minutes and some data, suitable for elders. And they will be happy of paying 70rs less.

Last edited:
I meant a small category, say my father who uses internet rarely and I exhaust his 1.5 GB/day mostly. As per the new plans we want to pay more than 500 go get 3000 offnet minutes. But 329 plan gives 3000 offnet minutes and some data, suitable for elders.
It would be more attractive if they offered 10 GB data instead of 6 for 84 days.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock