Got Jio AirFiber installed

• Thread starter Thread starter vishalrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 9
  • Views Views: Views 38
I just now got it installed with the 100 mbps ₹899 plan for 6 months - so far so good :)
Congrats. Looking forward to your review. :D

Some questions:

1. Is there any packet loss happening?
2. Upload speed is symmetrical with download speed?
3. VPNs working with your AirFiber connection or not?

Last edited:
1. Yes packet loss is there... 5 to 10 % it seems.

2. Yes it's symmetrical (because I have 100 mbps plan) but I believe upload speed will be max 100 mbps even if you take higher speed plans due to limitation of the N78 band or something.

3. I don't use VPNs - is there any quick way to test? Should I install Cloudflare Warp and try?

Question: I think it's not possible but can the WiFi radio be disabled in the router, either via web UI or MyJio app? I have the JIDU6101 model...

Update:

I installed Windows WARP app and seems to be working, connected to Singapore, packet loss is still there.

Question: I think it's not possible but can the WiFi radio be disabled in the router, either via web UI or MyJio app? I have the JIDU6101 model...
You can do that with MyJio app. At least possible on JioFiber.

OK, it seems not possible in router web UI nor the MyJio app BUT BUT BUT in the Jio website if you login to your account and go to the WiFi section of device settings there it has an option to set SSID name and also disable the 2.4 and 5 ghz radios and it shows a message "it will take some time" so I made the change and waiting to see if it actually works and how long it might take :-)

OK, it seems not possible in router web UI nor the MyJio app BUT BUT BUT in the Jio website if you login to your account and go to the WiFi section of device settings there it has an option to set SSID name and also disable the 2.4 and 5 ghz radios and it shows a message "it will take some time" so I made the change and waiting to see if it actually works and how long it might take :)
It is even possible on the MyJio app for JioFiber. I don't know if the control options are different for AirFiber.

Btw, it does takes sometime, to expedite the process you simply need to reboot the ONT.

Interesting point! I will try rebooting and report back whether it works...

Update - nope , a reboot did not do it. I think ability to switch off the WiFi is removed in newer firmware (for my AirFiber device) just the Jio website has not been updated.

Another thing I noticed is the WiFi SSID is common in the device UI and MyJio app but the Jio website still "allows" you to set different SSIDs for 2.4 and 5 ghz bands - does not work there either.

Back
Top Bottom