Good News Got Free Netflix Basic on JioFiber 999 Plan

Sivabhaskar

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
I am not sure if this is an Independence Day Offer or if someone from Jio made a mistake.

On August 10th, I received an SMS from the number 56161878. The SMS said "You've got Netflix from Jio!" alongwith a link to activate the plan.

On August 11th, I received 2 more SMS-es which said the same thing.

At first I thought these were spam. Because these SMS-es were from the long code 56161878 (and not from Jio or Jio Fiber). Also, the SMS-es said that I got Netflix from Jio (not Jio Fiber). And I do not even own a Jio sim card. Even my Jio Fiber's Registered Mobile Number is an Airtel Prepaid Number.

However the one thing that made me check this out was the fact that the Netflix activation links in those SMS-es were legitimate Netflix website links (the links began as m.netflix.com).

So a few days later (on August 16th), instead of using those links (to be on the safer side anyway), I logged on to the Jio Fiber Selfcare website on my laptop. To my surprise, there was a notification banner to activate Netflix.

Also when I checked the subscriptions section, I had 3 Netflix basic subscriptions. All 3 were valid until September 19th (The 13th month of the yearly 999 Plan of my Jio Fiber ends on October 16th though).

I already had an active Netflix Premium subscription which was going to renew on August 21. So I immediately canceled it. Then on August 22nd, I used the notification banner on the Jio Fiber selfcare website to activate Netflix Basic. During activation itself, I upgraded it to Netflix Premium by paying the difference (The payment was made to Jio & the amount was Rs.435).

After upgrading, the Jio Fiber selfcare website now shows 1 Netflix Premium and 2 Netflix Basic under subscriptions. All 3 are valid until September 19th. And I still have a notification banner to activate Netflix. I guess this would be for the 2 Netflix Basic subscriptions that I have not used.

Has this happened to anyone else using Jio Fiber's 999 Plan? Because the SMS-es did not mention it as an offer.

Screenshots:

41eQIOG.png

FCxqB1X.png

V8EoaWL.png

to2ffHz.png

WeLHmFx.png

hyD0T8V.png

b7S3CwO.png

I also have same plan but don't see anything only difference is the monthly plan and yours is annual. It seems they're offering on annual plan

I also have same plan but don't see anything only difference is the monthly plan and yours is annual. It seems they're offering on annual plan

Okay, but why would they offer 3 different subscriptions though? That is what has me confused & makes me think that may be they activated it by mistake for me instead of activating it for someone else.🧐🤔

Okay, but why would they offer 3 different subscriptions though? That is what has me confused & makes me think that may be they activated it by mistake for me instead of activating it for someone else.🧐🤔
No that's not possible. These kind of activation are not manual.

No that's not possible. These kind of activation are not manual.

Okay. Then we will have to wait for response from any of our other onlytech members who has the 999 plan as an annual subscription.

Also as a side note, August 10 (the date I got the first SMS) to September 19 (Validity end date of the 3 Netflix Basic subscriptions) makes up a total of 41 days, which confuses me again.

Even if it was an Independence Day offer for 1 month, I would have expected it to be for 30 days (something like, from August 15 to September 15).

I don't know this is relevant here but after reading your posts I thought of posting here. I ordered some different products 3 times sometime back (will not go in details but of a significant value) from JIOMART where there were issues with quality, quantity etc JIOMART reimbursed me the entire refund of my amount with keeping the short product to me . This made me continue ordering from JIOMART without thinking too much for my grocery and other needs as I am assured now they will take care of issues which will happen sometimes .

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock