Discussion General Discussions about streaming services

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 666
  • Views: Views 114,912
Why Hotstar consumes double data or even more than Netflix or Prime Video for similar quality videos or I am missing something 🧐

Quality in PV: Good, Hotstar: Medium, Netflix: Standard

EosKlLO.jpg

t0TttD7.jpg

dU6kGns.jpg

Why Hotstar consumes double data or even more than Netflix or Prime Video for similar quality videos or I am missing something 🧐

Quality in PV: Good, Hotstar: Medium, Netflix: Standard

EosKlLO.jpg

t0TttD7.jpg

dU6kGns.jpg
Older shows on Hotstar has higher bit rates resulting in bigger sizes. However, I do think here in your case you are comparing different resolutions.. While medium on Hotstar translates to 720p while pv and Netflix is just SD or even lower than that of the device is of Widevine L3 certification.

However, the newer titles on Hotstar are better encoded and even goes toe to toe with PV and Netflix... Currently I have two Nat Geo docs downloaded on Mobile both 720p (Medium on Resolution Controls), these are their sizes.. Both of these are on par with what Prime Video and Netflix sizes are if not somewhat better..
vUB4erC.jpg

{"Device Name":"COR-AL00","Buffer Time":"2.5 s","Screen Resolution":"1080 * 2128","Video Resolution":"1280 * 720 @-1.0 fps","Video Id":1260065445,"Video format":"video\/hevc \/ hvc1.1.6.L93.90 @132.6 kbps","Audio format":"audio\/mp4a-latm @$48.0 kHz","Dropped frames":"0","Network speed":"61.2 Mb ps","Buffer count":"13.0 s"}

Last edited:
Disney’s Jungle Cruise debuted at #1 this weekend, opening to an estimated total of more than $90M globally, including $34.2M in domestic box office, $27.6M in international box office, and over $30M in Disney+ Premier Access consumer spend globally.

“Jungle Cruise is the perfect summer adventure film, bringing a beloved theme park attraction to both the big screen and living rooms in a way that only Disney can. We remain focused on offering consumer choice during these unprecedented times, and it is clear that fans and families value the ability to make decisions on how they prefer to enjoy Disney’s best-in-class storytelling.”

PR From Disney Media and Distribution

Any confirmation yet regarding Hulu's Only Murders in the Building streaming in India ?
Also, the plot feels very similar tu Zee5's Sunflower.

Voot select app is asking for mobile number for login...If we registered using mail I'd then others can't login with mail I'd and password...Mine account has been registered using mail I'd and password....No mobile number in the account...Now I am not able to share to my house members...

How to change resolution or video quality of Amazon prime video app on android tv ???

there is no option to select the resolution. Some series plays by UHD resolution by default

How to change resolution or video quality of Amazon prime video app on android tv ???

there is no option to select the resolution. Some series plays by UHD resolution by default
Android TV app doesn't even show the resolution info likes of HD ,UHD in the player....Even if it show in FTS 4K there is no option to change resolution in player..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock