• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 50
  • Views: Views 5,583

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Apparently one can not complain about upload speeds on Jio AirFiber.

Speeds on the JioAirFiber plan refer to download speeds. Upload speeds are the basis of best effort. You can use JioAirFiber without any worries for all your needs whether it's watching TV, streaming 4k content, work, gaming, video calls etc without any buffering.

@Bapun I have run the Jio Netvelocity results on Jio set top box of Jio AirFiber and I got 58 Mbps download speed where my plan is 100 Mbps. It shows red X below Jio TV and my video is in blur. What is the meaning of red X below Jio TV in netvelocity results of Jio set top box of Jio AirFiber. I have another issue that is in all NEWS TV channels of Jio TV+ the Audio comes first and later the lip movement starts and there is a delay in audio and video and they are not in sync.

@Bapun and all Please find the photo of my Jio net velocity results on Jio set top box of Jio AirFiber in the attachment. Please let me know the meaning of red X below Jio TV and my video is blur.

I am unable to understand why is Jio promoting this inferior and expensive tech when Fiber is not only cheaper but also more reliable. I am just waiting for this initial euphoria to die down.

Fiber is not only cheaper but also more reliable.
It's not the case everywhere. For our fiber connection, we used to pay ₹1000+ for 30 mbps speeds. That too with frequent fiber cuts. Weeks without internet. No Jio Fiber or Airtel Xstream available here. With Jio AirFiber, I am getting the same speeds with 500+ live channels and multiple OTT subscription at a much cheaper price. And no dealing with fiber-cuts anymore.

AirFiber is not aimed towards people who already have access to reliable and affordable Fiber.

I am unable to understand why is Jio promoting this inferior and expensive tech when Fiber is not only cheaper but also more reliable. I am just waiting for this initial euphoria to die down.
They didn’t promoted it as better than fiber … this air fiber is only for people who don’t have reliable connections it is not feasible to provide fiber for every part of the country

1. It's cheap not expensive. A 5G phone would cost you more. Battery will die down. And freeview won't last forever. Closest alternative (not competitor) to this is Airtel 5G Plus My-WiFi MF501 data card which cost Rs 22,999.

Competition is Airtel Airfiber.

2. This is the best backup device for WFH. It's protected from vested element. Fiber cables are known to be sabotaged by rival operators. Even wires are sometimes chewed by monkeys.

3. Availability is much better than Fiber. You don't have to convince your entire apartment to attract a premium fiber operator. No one's coming for a single connection.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock