Discussion General Discussions about streaming services

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 666
  • Views: Views 115,217
Does more options translates to bad content? Some of the OTT Movies I have watched across the platforms destroyed my will to ever catch a niche movie.

Does more options translates to bad content? Some of the OTT Movies I have watched across the platforms destroyed my will to ever catch a niche movie.
Actually, even though there are more options, the production houses producing the movies or multiple shows for the OTT are the same. For example, take Hotstar and Sony LIV when they have forayed into original content, they both made deals with Applause Entertainment for original shows. Some of them have clicked like Scam 1992 for Sony's sake and Criminal Justice for Hotstar.. Hotstar took its sweet time to come out of that Applause rut.. and after commissioning from smaller production houses on a show by show basis, they had premiered some good shows in November Story, Grahan, Aarya, Special OPS etc..

Even the movies are of the same case... Hotstar entered multi picture agreements with Yoodle Pictures, which both produces good content like Axone and worst content like Collar Bomb... More options with diverse content Studios is always a good deal imo., but from single studio isn't such a great option. The less we talk about direct to OTT features the better especially those from Bollywood..

tIsEZEg.jpg

So again, Indian Disney+ Hotstar Premium subscribers got the wooden spoon... It's been a trend in India, these guys aren't even bothered to add the new shows which Disney+Hotstar in other regions are bringing... I have fed up with these Indian guys who are running the platform in India.

tIsEZEg.jpg

So again, Indian Disney+ Hotstar Premium subscribers got the wooden spoon... It's been a trend in India, these guys aren't even bothered to add the new shows which Disney+Hotstar in other regions are bringing... I have fed up with these Indian guys who are running the platform in India.
Can you elaborate? This is the new American Horror Story

tIsEZEg.jpg

What?!! It's not available in India?
That's a real bummer. 🙁

Can you elaborate? This is the new American Horror Story
Technically, its a spin-off show where each episode will have its self sustained story.. This show is made by FX exclusively for Hulu in USA..
What?!! It's not available in India?
That's a real bummer. 🙁
NO.... they say they don't have rights.. However, the new season will come because of existing deals in place...

Disney has always been anti -OTT from pre-hotstar days. There was no place to watch their content anywhere and I guess the same team still is at the helm of taking decisions in these matter even after acquiring star. Any other company would have already integrated everything "Disney" into Hotstar by now. They dont even allow Live stream of these channels, not even on Jio TV
Absolutely not true...! Disney was always the first one to innovate their offerings. Disney was the first company which offered their television shows for iTunes or what ever it was called then when it was started.. Disney had operated various OTT apps like DisneyPlay, Disney Life etc across various markets in the world. Disney was the first traditional media company to announce its ambitions in Streaming way back in 2017.. They planned everything thing from the start and had adapted their strategies on the go... It's Hotstar India's issue that those aren't available in India. Elsewhere, Disney+ Hotstar has more Disney content than Disney+ itself.. That being said, Disney+ Hotstar India has more new content coming every month than most of its counterparts.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock