Discussion General Discussions about streaming services

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 666
  • Views: Views 115,223
Amazon prime have as good as UI as Netflix
The UI might look good, but the app is very sluggish. Using the app feels like a chore. And don't even get me started with their search engine.

Amazon prime have as good as UI as Netflix
I really like the UI of prime video in FTS 4K...For me it's the best which gives the info in the player too...Even in Netflix we cant see the 4k uhd, audio output in the player...

Last edited:
Is this even legal? How can they have Netflix exclusive movies like The Sky is Pink be there?
Seems legal. Major news outlets have written about it.

Sky is Pink is a theatrical film. Not netflix original. It is available on google play as well.

But if you own bakery, grocery and the farm too? Means you are producing everything you need. Isn't it how these major film companies are?
Absolutely not.... Studios works on profit sharing model.. All the major cast and crew will have profit sharing options on each movie. The revenue it generated will have account for that and have to be paid for the persons involved there.

And TV Studios works on Royalty models.. All the creators and cast will have royalty options and will have to be paid for the rest of the time if the show is big hit.. Let's take Friends for example, WBTV is expected to make $1 billion each year. And cast and crew has 2% royalty on that.. Which basically means WBTV has to pay almost $20 million each of the cast and crew.. By your logic if HBO max gets it for free, WBTV will be sued by the cast and crew that their royalties aren't being paid. Thats why they have acquired Friends on deal North of $500 million for 5 years by beating out Netflix..

By your logic, of your everything is free for the rest of divisions.., why couldn't Sony Liv had shown the Sony movies in their pay-1 window, because they couldn't afford to pay that much.. and we're sold to Prime Video..

Finally, even though they are all a single company.. Every single division needs to pay for other to utilise anything.. That's the major reason why Universal recently had announced it will be lisencing movies to Prime Video eventhough they have a in-house streaming platform Peacock.. and peacock only gets the movies for 8 months in the 18 months pay-1 window.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock