Votes: 2 7.7%
  • PayTM

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

greylala91

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have been trying different UPI apps for a few days in order to find out which one is best. My impressions of 3 UPI apps that I used are below. Lets have a discussion and see which UPI app is popular among DDF members, I have also created a poll with 5 options.

PhonePe:-

Pros:-

1) Clean and simple interface
2) Cashback offers :)
3) Transfer within your own accounts in case multiple accounts are added
4) Separate Wallet provision for easy wallet to wallet transfers
5) Recharge/Bill pay hub

Cons:-

1) Cannot create separate VPAs and link each account to a different VPA (This requirement is particular to my use case as I dont want to change my default account every time if I want to receive money to other account, may not be an issue for others)
2) Has issues during UPI Pin Creation with ICICI bank account (Could be an issue at ICICI side).

Google Tez:-

1) Clean and Simple Interface
2) Unique Cashback offers like scratch cards and lucky draws :)
3) Instant Money Transfer between Tez users using sound
4) Dual Layer Security (While logging in to app using fingerprint or Phone's PIN and then UPI Pin while making transactions)

1) No Wallet
2) NO options to pay bills or recharge
3) VPA creation is automatic (GoogleID@okhdfcback)

Axis Pay:-

1) Can create separate VPA for each account (The only reason I landed on this app)
2) Clean interface but not so good compared to PhonePe or Tez
3) Dual Layer Security (While logging in to app and then UPI Pin while making transactions)

1) No cashback offers
2) Doesn't work on older phones or phones with less hardware

PayTM:-

1) Can create separate VPA for each account
2) Clean interface and works on all devices with slow data as well
3) Multiple other integrations within the app that makes it more useful like payments bank, Movies, Flights etc
4) Widely accepted across merchants/users

1) No Dual layer security

Last edited:
PhonePe anyday, it is perfectly designed, just waiting for BharatQR integration in its UPI QR code scanner. Had high hopes from Google Tez but the app is sub standard. For me the feature of simultaneously checking balance of all accounts and transferring money between own accounts is of utmost importance and PhonePe offers that, which Bhim and Tez dont.
@greylala91 you can link each of your accounts to separate VPAs using your bank's upi enabled apps and use those VPAs to receive incoming transfers without having to change default account in PhonePe and use the Phonepe VPA (UPI id) only for outgoing transfers from the app.

Just started using phone pe after reading the positive feedback. It's nice, and I got 325 rupees cashback today itself.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock