• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 18
  • Views: Views 2,909

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
My prepaid numbers's data is supposed to expire on 3rd of November. Since I have data left on my number. I wanted to recharge before the validity expiration to carry my number. So I approached their customer service as I read about their data roll over getting removed on NDTV's site. Junior executive says data carry forward was available while Senior executive denied about the same. Confusing me. Then today I called again as I didn't recieve respond to the yesterday's mail. Junior executive as expected was confused transferred to senior executive where she stated that data would carry forward. Then I highlighted yesterday's resolution of senior agent. I asked to cross verify. Then she apologized and sayed that the data roll over facility is not available. Meanwhile I accepted the fate that I was losing my data until this mail was sent to me.
6Cvf65c.jpg

Here I got a call agent. I explained blah blah blah. She assured to recredit data if it's not carry forwarded.

I am speechless. I am too tired after writing this. I am gonna a write about another incident that happened two days back. If that keeps on happening everyday. Sunil Mittal would soon run out of customers.

Okay, about the second incident. Two days back my neighbour's kid "puk blocked" his mom's Airtel number. So I was helping them out. I called Airtel. Explained the problem. The lady asked if there was an option to enter any number or puk blocked was written on screen. I said to her puk blocked was written on screen. She said that the sim is now useless. Nothing can be done. She said that we needed to apply for a new number. Since the lady was worried as number was linked to everything. I kept on asking ways to retain number. Executive clearly stated there was no way we can retain the number. We needed to apply for a new number not sim. But guess what on visiting the store. Same number was issued on explaining.

Seriously, what kind of people Airtel hires at customer service. Most of them are untrained, arrogant and not fluent in English. Even Hindi is poor. The worst part is IVR designed to talk to customer care service is time consuming and IVR options don't work me on calling with Volte on. If this continues sooner or later their so called premium service users will move to Jio. Monopoly or not. Jio makes every policy aware to users.

Hi, I am from a Telecom background. @DJ Roy you are right the guys sitting as customer care doesn't know anything and always redirect our calls to seniors. There is no point of buying a new number when your existing SIM is blocked due to PUK. What only happens is the SIM will become useless not the number, the backend provisioning will stop working with the existing SIM but your number will remain intact.

You now just need to re-provision your number with the new SIM card which can only be done by POS machines not by customer care.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock