Seeking Help Indian content is not opening when connected to Airtel Xstream Fiber

Shiv Verma

Always be Happy
News Columnist
Reaction score
On 11th June, Airtel Customer Care called us to replace Airtel Xstream from Copper to Fiber connection. The replacement wasn't for only us, It was for the whole society as there were frequent signal drops and decreases in Internet Speed. The replacement was done on the same day. When I connected to Wi-Fi, All the content on YouTube which is only available for India is gone, even some of my Liked Videos gone. & I started getting all the content that is not available for India.

When I connect to Mobile Data, Everything is back to normal.

When Connected to Mobile Data:-
akAMqEM.jpg

When Connected to Wi-Fi:-
wpgoc2P.jpg

I am getting ads for apps & products which are banned or not available in India.

9qqXSce.png

Another thing is I got a Live feature on my Android TV which is only available in the US. Google TV - News & Updates

Looks like there is a DNS issue or a VPN is present somewhere between your modem and the ISP server. Did you check if the same issue is replicated on other devices connected to the same wifi network? To rule out an issue with the DNS settings of your phone?

This same thing happened to me when my society got the fiber installation from vdsl. Big trucks came with fiber cable and dug road side and lay the cable underground. for the first few days i was getting the similar issue but it was fixed after calling airtel and then they arranged engineer visit.

engineer called NOC team and they fixed this dns issue. you have to do the same procedure.

Did you check if the same issue is replicated on other devices connected to the same wifi network?
Yes, the issue is replicated on other devices as well.
i was getting the similar issue but it was fixed after calling airtel and then they arranged engineer visit.

engineer called NOC team and they fixed this dns issue. you have to do the same procedure.
They will do it for free or take any charge? Can't I do it?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock