- OnePlus has started rolling out the OxygenOS 11 based on Android 11 for the OnePlus 8 Pro and OnePlus 8 smartphones
- The OxygenOS 11 update is around 2.8GB in size, and at least 3GB of free storage space is required for installation
- The update will be available for a small percentage of users today, and the company will begin a broader rollout in the coming days
Chinese smartphone manufacturer, OnePlus has started rolling out the OxygenOS 11 based on Android 11 for the OnePlus 8 Pro and OnePlus 8 smartphones. The OTA update is incremental and will be available for a small percentage of users today. OnePlus will begin a broader rollout in the coming days after making sure there aren’t any issues with the update. The company has posted an announcement thread on its forum that confirmed the rollout of the update.
OxygenOS 11 stable changelog
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details.
- Brand-new weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can have day and night at your hand now.
- Optimized stability on some third-party applications and improved user experience.
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up, and block, just for your immersive gaming experience.
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram and WhatsApp. (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Added Always-on ambient Display function, custom Schedule/All day option included. (To set: Settings > Display > Ambient Display)
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to phone usage data. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Newly added 10 new clock styles. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. (To set: Settings > Display > Dark Mode > Turn on automatically > Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range.)
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, and so on), and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and enable the Zen Mode together.
- Story function supported, automatically forming weekly videos with photos and videos in storage.
- Loading speed optimized, and the image preview is now faster.
- The widget on the desktop might disappear. It can be set as followed: Long press on the desktop -“Widget” – “Settings” – Select the widget.
The OxygenOS 11 update is around 2.8GB in size, and at least 3GB of free storage space is required for installing the update. Users also need to make sure that the battery level is above 30 percent before proceeding with the install. OnePlus has stated that the OxygenOS 11 update will be available for the OnePlus 7T Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7Pro, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 6, and OnePlus Nord in the future.