Chinese smartphone manufacturer OnePlus has announced the OxygenOS 14 closed beta program for the OnePlus Nord 3 users in India. The company will invite 500 OnePlus Nord 3 users to participate in the closed beta program. Further, OnePlus will also offer rewards to thank the users who participate in the program.
“We are looking for the OnePlus Nord 3 Indian users that want to experience the OxygenOS 14 in advance, and by submitting feedback and sharing your suggestions, help us improve everyone’s software experience. If you are using the Indian OxygenOS version on the OnePlus Nord 3 and love testing new software, now is the time to join,” the company posted in its community forum.
OxygenOS 14 closed beta program requirements
To participate in the OxygenOS 14 closed beta program, users must be using a OnePlus Nord 3 Indian variant and are active OnePlus Community members. Moreover, users are required to provide regular communication and reporting on issues or suggestions to the OnePlus team via the Feedback app. Users will also have to join the CBT Telegram group to communicate with the OnePlus team and other users actively and friendly. The participants are not allowed to secretly share the CBT installation package, or any content related to the internal beta with people outside the project team.
OxygenOS 14 closed beta for OnePlus Nord 3 known issues
OxygenOS 14 closed beta for OnePlus Nord 3 includes several bugs and instability issues, and some third-party apps are not compatible with the Android 14 OS. This program will also require users to clean flash builds, which will cause data loss. So, it is recommended to back up data for users participating in this program. Here is the list of known issues of the OnePlus Nord 3 running OxygenOS 14 closed beta.
- The charging icon doesn’t show two decimal places on the lock screen with the super flash charger
- Probable ringing of the phone in case of no incoming call
- Probable black screen when swiping left or right at the bottom of the screen to switch between recent apps
- A long screenshot displays abnormally on the Weather warning page
- Probable misordering of album photos
- After taking a photo and clicking the bottom in the left corner to enter the album, this photo can’t be deleted normally
- Google Contacts fails to delete multiple contacts
- The camera may fail to recognize the QR code
- The screen flashes during auto screen-off
- A probable issue with the splash screen when switching tasks through multitasking backend with playing video in the background
How to apply for the OxygenOS 14 closed beta program
To apply for the OxygenOS 14 closed beta program, users need to confirm their phone is updated to the detectable version CPH2491_18.104.22.1681(EX01). Then, users can go to Settings -> About Device -> Tap up to date -> Tap icon on the top right -> Follow the steps to apply. OnePlus will review the application in five working days after the closure of the application channel. If it passes the review, the user will receive the beta version in three working days. Users can download the beta builds by going to Settings -> About device -> Download Now.