Discussion Why you have Airtel SIM

But airtel gve fraud to us that take me 999 on year 2006 for lifetime incoming but after jio thay stop incoming
For the sake of anyone and everyone who has been feeling cheated by the termination of the lifetime free incoming offer by Airtel, Vodafone, Idea or any other operator which was offered before 2010 let me clarify this as I have on several posts in the past. The term 'Lifetime' for a mobile operator refers to the period up to the expiry of the telecom licence in that particular circle. DoT gives licence for a duration of 20 years and Airtel Vodafone etc incumbent operators had got their licence in 1994, 1995 in most circles which was due to expire around 2014, 2015. So when they launched lifetime free incoming offer in 2006/7 it was valid only for the next 8 to 9 years which they provided even.
When the licence got renewed for the next 20 years in 2014/15 none of the operators launched any plans which claimed lifetime free incoming and the existing lifetime free recharges had already been withdrawn before the license expiry.
So the claim saying that the operators didn't fulfill their lifetime free incoming promise is baseless and ill-informed.

Last edited:
Jio had been my primary sim since Telenor exited India.
But I ported to Airtel in October for the following reasons :

1. I want an Airtel axis credit card, only airtel subscribers can apply for it Now.
2. I was facing missed call alerts issue on Jio even with full network bars. The other end used to listen that my number was Not reachable.
Although during that time my data used to work fine but no incoming calls.
Complained about this for months continously but their standard response always used to be : Kindly get your handset checked in a service center.
I used Jio on Poco F1, Moto Z2 Play, Oneplus Nord 2 and Samsung s21 Fe Snapdragon. But this issue remained unresolved till I left it.

3. Jio is extremely good in 5G speeds but in their 4G only areas the speed was useless. Airtel generally gives usable speed in 5G as well as 4G (Although their peak speed on 5G in UP West doesnt match Jio because govt has provided them only with 60Mhz of N78 in UP West)
4. Whenever I used to report any speed related issue with Jio they had a copy paste response - Slow speeds because many users were collectively using data at this place. They did not even assure to fix it.

5. Upload speeds are usually better in case of Airtel.

I don't like airtel for chargeable calls on numbers starting with 1860, I dislike Gopal Vittal.
But the above 5 points are enough for me to stay with airtel. I'll reconsider my decision of staying with airtel after my 2999 yearly plan expires.

Also the fact that you could maintain a number for ₹10 back than is just truly not appreciated enough. Back when income of most people weren't enough to make ends meet. Forget about maintaining minimum balance like ₹99 to make or recieve calls like now. IMHO operators have done poor people wrong by blocking incoming calls. They are doing worse things like blocking outgoing SMS which is needed to register for UPI.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock