Sad News Airtel, Idea and Vodafone now requires you to recharge with a minimum pack to keep your sim alive

• Thread starter Zmint
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,001
  • Views: Views 204,940
I did a recharge of 100 to my airtel number where outgoing stopped. I thought of activating 48 Data pack via balance. Surprisingly my validity automatically extended by 28days for the 100 recharge. Strange.
You recharged Rs 100 and got Rs 81.75 talktime?

In coming days, I think Airtel, Vodafone Idea might remove below Rs.100 recharge plans due to AGR dues effect.

I did a recharge of 100 to my airtel number where outgoing stopped. I thought of activating 48 Data pack via balance. Surprisingly my validity automatically extended by 28days for the 100 recharge. Strange.
Is Airtel still giving 28 days validity if we recharge for Rs 100?
EDIT: I just took a chance and recharged with Rs 100 as I had AmazonPay Prime offer "Collect" - 50% Cashback up to Rs 40, valid only on Airtel Prepaid.
So effectively, paid Rs 60 from AmazonPay Balance, got Rs 81.75 talktime as well, and a validity of 28 days.
I was on the 90th day of my Grace Period, so needed to do a "usage/activity" to retain my number and not let Rs 20 get deducted by the "automatic number retention" scheme as per airtel / TRAI Guidelines.

Last edited:
Is Airtel still giving 28 days validity if we recharge for Rs 100?
EDIT: I just took a chance and recharged with Rs 100 as I had AmazonPay Prime offer "Collect" - 50% Cashback up to Rs 40, valid only on Airtel Prepaid.
So effectively, paid Rs 60 from AmazonPay Balance, got Rs 81.75 talktime as well, and a validity of 28 days.
I was on the 90th day of my Grace Period, so needed to do a "usage/activity" to retain my number and not let Rs 20 get deducted by the "automatic number retention" scheme as per airtel / TRAI Guidelines.
Yes. I've been doing 100 recharge and enjoying 28days validity.

Can we recharge any unlimited plan using main balance?
I've recharged data packs. Never tried UL packs bro.

Edit: Just checked with 19 rupees UL plan, Talk time option appears.
QH3esVd.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock