• Welcome to OnlyTech community forums. If you are an existing member of our DreamDTH forums, please use the same login credentials to login here. Create a new account only if you are not registered at DreamDTH before. If you have trouble logging in, please let us know through the contact form.
  • Welcome to OnlyTech Forums
    An online community for the tech enthusiasts!

Sad News Airtel, Idea and Vodafone now requires you to recharge with a minimum pack to keep your sim alive

Zmint

Pro
Reaction score
I am using a Airtel Prepaid number which had a life time validity. Few days back I got a SMS that my outgoing will stop from 2nd Nov.
I ignored the message as I had sufficient balance in my account. Now I got the SMS again so I contacted CC and they confirmed the same.
I already have a Jio SIM and dont use the Airtel SIM much (Both SIM are in same mobile).
So please suggest me a minimum recharge so that I can keep my SIM active at minimal charge.

I think they are doing it gradually and quietly to avoid mass complaints. There was a public notice in the newspaper regarding this which I missed.

hemant

Pro
Reaction score
There is no need to maintain 2 sims now. Port your sim to Jio if your other sim is Jio and discontinue your other sim. Users who are getting problems with Jio sims network in their area needs to recharge every 28 days as per Airtel direction to maintain the sim.

Jas

Elite
Banned
Reaction score
My dad uses airtel, and his sim validity has expired yesterday. He too, had ignored the message.

We might now port to idea.

Last edited:
OP
Z

Zmint

Pro
Reaction score
Port your sim to Jio ...
In case I port to Jio what will happen to the Balance (money) I have in Airtel ?

hemant

Pro
Reaction score
In case I port to Jio what will happen to the Balance (money) I have in Airtel ?
You need to use everything from your Airtel sim before migrating, Balance will not be transferred.

ajuvignesh

Geek
Reaction score
My sister who is a doctor, was using Airtel Sim for more than 10 years. After returning from a training of about 3 months, she's shocked to see that her number is no more working. Called the cc, they asked to consult the nearby service point. The service point charged about Rs 450. No progress what so ever for the next week, even with follow up visits. After a week, Called the cc again to know that the number was given to another customer a day before. And guess what, Rs 450 is non refundable.

Telling you, Airtel is the most most terrible Telecom operator, in my experience. Sticking to this damn thing for 10 years now and don't want to switch because of fear of them messing with my number, as happened before to me in the past.

Ironically, Airtel Dth is fantastic.

hemant

Pro
Reaction score
Losing your main number is worst. Everyone should migrate their number to the operator which they are recharging and if required, they can also port their other number to different operator which they are not using but maintaining. Now mobile number is used everywhere and it is not possible to get it changed from all the different entities.

unirockers

Veteran
Reaction score
Is there a thread by some expert who keeps a track of telecom sector? It could be great help to know which operator requires u to keep recharging what amount to keep ur sim alive. This is like maintaining a minimum account balance with SBI. 😕

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
OnlyTech.com Article Airtel selects Ceragon wireless hauling solutions and services to expand 4G networks; Vodafone Idea deploys Mavenir OpenRAN OnlyTech Articles Discussions 0
OnlyTech.com Article Airtel and Vodafone Idea extend incoming service till May 3 Telecom Services 8
OnlyTech.com Article Airtel and Vodafone Idea remove IUC; Airtel launches three new prepaid plans OnlyTech Articles Discussions 0
Abhinav842 Discussion Airtel, Vodafone Idea Removing IUC Charges Telecom Services 137
OnlyTech.com Article Reliance Jio new packs 15-25% cheaper than Airtel and Vodafone Idea OnlyTech Articles Discussions 0
OnlyTech.com Article Vodafone Idea, Airtel and Jio announced tariff hike by up to 50 percent. OnlyTech Articles Discussions 0
Abhinav842 Jio, BSNL, Vodafone Idea and Airtel increasing tariff from 1st December Telecom Services 494
DJ Roy Vodafone Idea, Airtel reject Jio’s contention on IUC Telecom Services 1
R Airtel, Vodafone Idea preparing for commercial NBIoT services; expand pilots in India Telecom Services 0
OnlyTech.com Article Airtel and Vodafone Idea disappointed by Supreme Court ruling on AGR, may file a review petition OnlyTech Articles Discussions 0
Bapun Raz SC order means fines on Vodafone Idea, Airtel can fund BSNL, MTNL revival plan Telecom Services 68
A Breaking Airtel, Vodafone Idea may also start charging for off-net outgoing calls Telecom Services 6
Bapun Raz Breaking Reliance Jio’s Revenue Share Jumps, Nearly On A Par With Airtel, Vodafone Idea Telecom Services 2
Riddhiman Reliance Jio Inks Fresh Content Deal With ZEE To Take On Airtel, Vodafone-Idea Digital Streaming Contents 20
R Idea, Airtel add over 1 crore mobile subscribers; Vodafone lost 6.6 lakh in April: COAI Telecom Services 0
R Airtel, Vodafone & Idea gear up to match Reliance Jio’s Rs 49 a month plan Telecom Services 1
R Reliance Jio eats into market share of Airtel, Vodafone, Idea in 2016: Trai Telecom Services 0
R Airtel, Vodafone & Idea to soon launch VoLTE to protect low-end subscriber base Telecom Services 2
R Trai stays put on its views to levy Rs 3,050 crore penalty on Airtel, Vodafone, Idea Telecom Services 0
A Telecom regulator to 'look into' retention offers of Airtel, Idea, Vodafone Telecom Services 9
S Reliance Jio vs BSNL vs Airtel vs Vodafone vs Idea: Who Has the Best Data Pl Telecom Services 5
R Airtel pips Vodafone, Idea in user addition; Telenor, Aircel lose more users in March Telecom Services 0
R Airtel, Vodafone, Idea saw most billing complaints in Oct-Dec Telecom Services 0
R Jio Happy New Yr offer ending soon: Here data plan from Airtel, Vodafone, Idea & BSNL Telecom Services 14
R Airtel pips Vodafone, Idea in user addition; Telenor lost 0.98 million users in Feb Telecom Services 3