OTF Exclusive Unboxing and initial impressions of Samsung Galaxy A50 (4GB/64GB)

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 31
  • Views: Views 3,914

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I brought a new Samsung Galaxy A50 (4GB/64GB) offline.

I was looking forward to the upcoming M40 since it looks premium and having small punch hole. However on specs release i found it has LCD display with 3500mAh battery. Processor of A50 isn't that bad for average users and this one was for mom so went ahead with it. This month Samsung had dropped the price of phonr from 21k to 18.5k. Indisplay fingerprint and triple camera were icing to the cake. All important sensors are exist on the device so after long Samsung realised user needs.

I exchanged my old iPad mini 2 with retina display brought back in 2015 for it so cost came down to 9k (9.5k exchange value).

This phone camera quality is very good and processing speed is lot faster than old J series devices which were costing same amount few years back.

This is my first notch based device. It looks very premium being a mid ranger.

Some pictures of it:

Carton:
tvCCQ8d.jpg

F7uKxst.jpg

oGxXYgm.jpg

fzGZvj5.jpg

Device:
JZDZpUa.jpg

Hdw5DZr.jpg

Thanks for reading. If you are looking for new device under 20k range, this can be the perfect device with ad free and well optimised UI powered by Android Pie.

Congratulations! This is my first time seeing a notched Samsung phone; I was not aware that even it has jumped onto the notch bandwagon. Nice to see our Admin reviewing most of the latest Samsung devices. Wish somebody could do the same for Apple. :smile2:

Congrats @Bapun bro, hope that u have great experience using it. Somehow unlike most people these days , i don't have interest in buying new phones at regular intervals . Happy with my Asus Zenfone 4 Selfie and it has not given even minor issue since i got it almost 2 years back :)

Somehow unlike most people these days , i don't have interest in buying new phones at regular intervals . Happy with my Asus Zenfone 4 Selfie and it has not given even minor issue since i got it almost 2 years back :)
The old phone she was using was lasted 3 years bro and now it got connectivity issues. Wifi and mobile data will buffer only. You can't download apps from Play store, load Youtube videos etc. Resetting won't help too. So buying new device was required. She didn't liked stock android by Nokia, wanted fancy UI which no one can decorate well than Samsung. One UI is a pleasure to eyes and SAMOLED displays are great too. Deal was good to went ahead.
This is my first time seeing a notched Samsung phone; I was not aware that even it has jumped onto the notch bandwagon.
Samsung is upto date with latest trends now a days bro. You can't imagine all sensors on a mid ranger by Samsung till last year but now see. They even adopted punch hole design very quickly on their flagship device and bringing to mid rangers too with upcoming M40.

When Xiaomi like competitors are there they are bound to bow down.

Congratulations @Bapun Raz bro. Hope it will not “hang” like M series handsets. Like @dino29 bro I also don’t like to purchase new devices because every now and then android device get little or more upgradation by other device companies and make no cost for recently purchased device. I’m happy with my iPhone 7. Though it released way back ‘15-‘16 but still it gets regular security and os updates.

Congratulations bro :)

Congratulations bro 👍👍
Looks like you are a big Samsung fan 😅
I noticed it many times.

Congratulations @Bapun Raz bro. Hope it will not “hang” like M series handsets. Like @dino29 bro I also don’t like to purchase new devices because every now and then android device get little or more upgradation by other device companies and make no cost for recently purchased device. I’m happy with my iPhone 7. Though it released way back ‘15-‘16 but still it gets regular security and os updates.
Yes bro, device lagging is a issue after 2-3 years with Samsung. Happens with high end models too. Let's see how this one goes.

Btw, the iPad i exchanged was a 2014 model and running with latest iOS. So i am well aware how Apple never abandon their very old models too.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock