Switch to high speed 4G Jio, stop using Vodafone, Airtel: Reliance to employees

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Reliance Industries, India's largest conglomerate, has asked its 40,000-plus employees to stop using phones connections of existing operators, like Airtel and Vodafone, and instead switch to its own high-speed 4G Jio.

RIL has asked employees to port their existing phone numbers to Jio, a move that may open another front with the existing operators, who have been up in arms against the Mukesh Ambani-led firm's prolonged beta testing.

"We are excited to announce yet another milestone towards greater excellence, where we will be switching our existing corporate connections to Jio," RIL's HR department wrote to all its employees.

It asked employees to use MNP to port their existing numbers to Jio and explained to them the step-by-step process.

Mobile number portability (MNP) enables telephone users to retain their number when changing from one carrier to other.

"Once you have submitted the required information, we will initiate the Mobile Number Portability (MNP) process with the existing operator. This will take around seven working days to complete," the company HR said in the email.

So far, the company subscribed to corporate plans of all major operators including Airtel and Vodafone for the employees.

Reliance Jio test launched its services last December, but no dates for commercial launch has yet been announced. Initially, Jio SIM was available only to its employees, and later bundled with Reliance's own Lyf-branded smartphones. Now, all Samsung and LG smartphones users could walk-in to a Reliance Digital store and procure a Jio SIM.

It now has over 1.5 million users.

The company says it has created the world's largest end- to-end all IP network and invested over Rs 1.34 lakh crore. Once launched, the services will cover over 18,000 towns and over 2 lakh villages across all the 22 service areas of the country.

Switch to high speed 4G Jio, stop using Vodafone, Airtel: Reliance to employees | Zee News

When will this launch for general public??? It will create massive outgoing mnp from others during free trial period. I think trai may block this move as jio has not started commercial operations. Also I feel its unfair to start competition without entering the market. Let jio launch and then it can start testing with mnp for all without free data. Oh wait... that is not the intention here ;-)

Airtel and Vodafone should do something similar what Reliance is doing

Both are 2nd and 3rd biggest Telecom companies in World and can tend to suffer some loses in order to retain more and more customers

If they would be sitting like this most customers would be shifting to Jio

techmania said:
When will this launch for general public??? It will create massive outgoing mnp from others during free trial period. I think trai may block this move as jio has not started commercial operations. Also I feel its unfair to start competition without entering the market. Let jio launch and then it can start testing with mnp for all without free data. Oh wait... that is not the intention here ;-)

If TRAI don't allow proper testing of network then they should not shout on call Drop and poor Data speed  ;)

kumarvishwas said:
Airtel and Vodafone should do something similar what Reliance is doing

Both are 2nd and 3rd biggest Telecom companies in World and can tend to suffer some loses in order to retain more and more customers

If they would be sitting like this most customers would be shifting to Jio

Vodafone is very worst service in small towns or urban area as they don't have even 3G network properly, I activate 3G data from vodafone getting 2G speed on 3G phone ? So how can any body expect 4G in small cities un till Hardware is not updated properly ?

I started using JIO since yesterday...
Reviews (Chennai):
I usually travel from tambaram to tiruvallur for work by train (60 kms)

* Airtel got steady signal all over this stretch but turns off near Tirusulam Railway Station (Airport) for a minute...

* Vodafone is worst nowadays while travelling on this stretch I have either turn on or off airplane mode or sim to get a steady sim for each and every area...

* Now coming to JIO minimum getting 10Mbps across all region. And yesterday watched a movie on hotstar and Jio play app at 720p quality without even a single drop in signal or quality

Now if they launch at their promised prices voda and airtel turns to dust if they sit idle like now

Waiting for them to release the MNP to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock