Sad News Sony Liv to discontinue live channels

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 110
  • Views: Views 24,854
SONY should provide early access of TV content to its OTT users like HOTSTAR & ZEE to compensate after removal of Live TV.

It was a much needed step to maintain a level playing field between DTH/Cable and OTT platform for pay channels to maintain parity with respect to NTO 2.0 tariff structure irrespective of the mode of delivery to the end user. As far as FTA channels are concerned they can be provided freely even by OTTs without having an impact on DTH/Cable operations. The'One service, one tariff' rule is fine agnostic of technology.
OTT users are high paying customers than TV viewers at any time, so they have right to enjoy early access than TV with no ads/less ads.

Telegram is there for watch and early access for movies…

One thing I noticed if you compare steaming quality of internet based live channel and satellite based channels… it clearly win for satellite 📡 channel

OTT users are high paying customers than TV viewers at any time, so they have right to enjoy early access than TV with no ads/less ads.
Yes, that they are anyway getting right, so the lack of live channels doesn't make a difference.

One thing I noticed if you compare steaming quality of internet based live channel and satellite based channels… it clearly win for satellite 📡 channel
Who watches live channel of STAR Plus HD or ZEE TV HD on OTT with lot of ads, when early access availabe? Quality difference might be in live sports streaming, but it will overcome, when Technology develops day by day.

Received the same message
Heads Up! Our Live TV Channels will be discontinued from Sony LIV from August 30th 2023. To reflect these changes, we have updated our Terms of Use. You can read the full Terms of Use https://sonyliv.onelink.me/Imq1/ru095c1d which will come into effect from August 30, 2023. -Sony LIV

I was about to post this as a thread. But seeing one already, I am posting this here.

August 30 2023. Last day of Live broadcast in Sony LIV.
Qbfmzo6.png

JioFiber will do some alternate option for subscriber
The Jio fiber STB already has a port for CoAx cable witch can accept Hathway and Den cable so all that's needed for people who need the live TV channels is to get the STB activated on either of those two MSOs when the OTTs stop providing the live TV channels. Star was first, now it's Sony and soon Zee will also follow.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock