JioFi 2 vs JioFi 3

unicorn

Reaction score
Hi Friends,

Here is the comparison of Jiofi 2 & 3. I would personally prefer JioFi2 for its look & compactness. But Jiofi 3 is better in terms of battery backup. Like I previosuly mentioned somewhere Jiofi 2 gives battery backup of 7 to 8 hours of continuous usage whereas Jiofi 3 gives 14 hours easily. So if you are concerned with battery go with 3. 

Please note both devices works without battery. Just plugin to charger or powerbank without any battery inserted and it works.

Interface

Both Interface looks similar. Jiofi 2 interface is cooler.

Jiofi 3

All details under one page. No need to navigate

once logged in this is the page we get

img free

Jiofi 2

To view the details we need to navigate

best image hosting

page after logged in

upload pictures to the internet

Size comparison. Jiofi 3 is matte finish and Jiofi 2 is glossy which is prone to scratches.

cdn images

Back side

how to upload image on internet

Its very easy to open the cover of Jiofi 3

Its a nightmare to open Jiofi 2 cover. U need nail or some pin to open it. Very hard

WPS button 

Charge point in Jiofi 2 is covered with a small plate. Cool right. No such case in 3

temporary image hosting

With covers opened.

jpg to img

battery size. Jiofi 3 battery is huge which is on Left. its made in Japan  :eek:hya that explains strong backup. 2 is made in china

without battery. 

Do you see sim card in Jiofi 3. No right. here it is. Its neatly tucked

Full size sim in Jiofi 2 & its Nano Sim in Jiofi 3. in 2 we need to manually push it. In 3 its spring type. 

Booting time in Jiofi 2 is 4 seconds. In Jiofi 3 its 8 seconds..

Jiofi 2 indicators

Left one, tower signal. Green means full signal. Blue  Half signal. Red - No signal. after 5 seconds icons disappear and Only the light in on/off button blinks which is cool. For battery, 3 dots charge between 60 to 100. 2 dots 15 to 0. one dot less than 15. When the one dot blinks battery is less than 5

upload pic

my photo upload

Jiofi 3 indicators

OLED display is cool. but it never fades. Always on. Battery green means fully charged. Blue. less than 50, Red - Less than 20. 

svg image hosting

Charger. Jiofi 3 charger is good. cable is of high quality. 

Jiofi 2 charger is pretty much average. But both 5V 1A chargers

photo upload sites

Ok important point. Speed!!! Am always getting higher speed in Jiofi 3 atleast 3 or 4 MBps higher than Jiofi 2. Its certainly debatable topic which I will spare for now.

But overall Both devices looks good.

Good but the jio fi 2 which you have quoted old model.

The new one is different and accepts only nano SIM....

It does not have the silver line at the bottom.

Tower symbol is also different...

From internet:
Differences Between the JioFi 2 and JioFi 3

Jiofi 3 sports a mere 512 MB LPDDR RAM in comparison to the decent 2 GB LPDDR2 RAM of jiofi 2.
ROM capacity has also been significantly downgraded. The original JioFi 2 features 4 GB of NAND storage, while JioFi 3 only has 1 GB of NAND memory.
The older JioFi 2 has a smaller dimension than the latest one. However, the new model is a bit slimmer with a thickness of 15.2 mm in contrast to 16 mm of the original version.
The newer JioFi looks a lot different than its predecessor. While the JioFi 2 has a glossy paint job, the newest one sports a matt finish.
Another notable change is seen in the battery department. The 2300mAh cell of the JioFi 2 has been replaced with a 2600mAh unit in the later model. However, the battery performance has actually degraded in the newer one.
Speaking of the total number of devices that can be simultaneously connected to the wireless modems, once again, the newer model lacks behind its predecessor. 31 gadgets can concurrently connect to the JioFi 2 via Wi-Fi, while it is just 10 in the latest variant. (Has this changed to 31 back?)
The Wi-Fi signal strength and coverage is considerably improved in the newest JioFi.
Older JioFi 2 has full sized Mini-SIM slot whereas the revised version sports a Micro-SIM one. However, Reliance packs in a Micro-SIM to Mini-SIM adapter with the previous model.
Source: gizmotimes.com

yes jiofi 2 uses nano sim and icons are also different
29pahw6.jpg

The new jiofi 2 is there on jio website. Jiofi 3 is not seen on jio website yet

I always wondered why i don't get the circles around each icon, like the pic below by unicorn.

IMG_20170424_104606.jpg

Now after Sumit's post i got confirmation its changed on newer JioFi 2..

So i got the newer one, thats why i also get 9+ hours battery backup on my JioFi 2.. :c

Nice and detailed review Unicorn bro. Appriciate your hardwork. It must have consumed much time compiling all these. :clap

New jiofi 2 gives battery back up around 15 hour's...

Can connect upto 31 devices...

You said jiofi3 battery long last..how it?all said jiofi3 battery drain fast despite 2600mah coz it has oled display and strong wifi range due to which it drain fast..isnt it?
Which one is best jiofi2 or jiofi3.. some are saying 2 and some are saying 3. I am little bit confused which one buy..can u suggest me on the basis of following parameters
1 it should be fast in speed and long In wifi strength
2. long lasting battery.
3. Less heating
issue

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock