Jio App/Website showing incorrect Postpaid bill amount

• Thread starter venky
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 13
  • Views: Views 14,198

venky

Reaction score
Sorry for making such a long post.

I have been a postpaid customer for a while (have 2 connections) and want to share an experience here with our family members. I was on Postpaid 199 for a while and now switched to Jio Postpaid plus. I used to pay my bill using Amazon pay. 2 months back I did the payment and after few days when I checked the MyJio app, it was showing a due amount of Rs 1.* (Something around one rupee fifty paise, don't remember the figure).

I thought it was something with the Amazon pay and made that payment on Jio App. Last month I got my bill and then noticed that Amazon pay was showing an amount which is less than Rs 1.21 in MyJio App. I raised it with Amazon and blamed them for their system. The response was like they will check with the operator.
This month I got my bills and checked bill for one of my number, where Amazon pay was showing Rs 705.61 and Jio App was showing Rs 706.82, a difference of Rs 1.21, same way for my other number.

I raised it with Amazon and they said its the operator who updates the amount and asked to check with them. Out of curiosity I checked the bill in Phone pay for one of my numbers and found the same difference, later checked the bill in the email which I got. To my wonder, it was showing current payable as Rs 705.61. I did the payment of Rs 705.61 as per bill. After the payment, Jio account is showing an Amount Due of Rs 1.21.

Raised it with Jio phone support and they had no clue why it's showing that as outstanding and told their system is showing that I don't have any pending amount, but an outstanding of Rs 1.21 (I didn't get what they told, maybe I'm dumping). Then the call was escalated to someone and he said he is the supervisor and asked to re-install the app (too technical :p). I tried to explain that JIO for my mobile numbers are showing the due amount of one rupee blabla paise, and he said its fine to ignore.

I have now raised it with email support and waiting for a reply. Just checked last 3 month's bill and found that I was overpaying (even though it was a small difference). Anybody else experienced this issue?

HOYXuaU.jpg

MWzRAXl.png

5GArOJp.png

zCtkFsU.jpg

Last edited:
Just an update for someone who is reading this thread:

This is turning around to be a mystery for Jio Billing department and they asked me to pay that amount. I'm not ready to make the payment without getting clarification and this is being further escalated.

By any chance, @venky have you paid extra Rs1.21 and the app is showing that negative amount as outstanding???

By any chance, @venky have you paid extra Rs1.21 and the app is showing that negative amount as outstanding??
Nope. This seems to be happening for the last 3 months and I did the payment like this for the last 2 months. Whenever I contacted support for help, it ended up as a nightmare. Not expecting much this time.

Glitches in Postpaid will be the worst nightmare.. It will get totally sorted out one fine day, but till then, it will be a pain in you know where.

Even I experienced one such thing in Airtel 2 years back. They have charged twice rental every month (old plan rental + current plan rental) for my number. Every month my staff need to contact their CC via email and attend the call back from tech team and then only, they will waive off the difference. But still this issue continued so for 9 months. Luckily, since we have COCP Corp connections, the called CC persons will have some technical knowledge and waive them off, without need for much explainations. But it was totally stopped only after sending an email to their ceo (as a last resort). Their network was soo great (call clarity, coverage, data speed) else I would have shifted all our numbers to other network via mnp.

Glitches in Postpaid will be the worst nightmare.. It will get totally sorted out one fine day, but till then, it will be a pain in you know where.

Even I experienced one such thing in Airtel 2 years back. They have charged twice rental every month (old plan rental + current plan rental) for my number. Every month my staff need to contact their CC via email and attend the call back from tech team and then only, they will waive off the difference. But still this issue continued so for 9 months. Luckily, since we have COCP Corp connections, the called CC persons will have some technical knowledge and waive them off, without need for much explainations. But it was totally stopped only after sending an email to their ceo (as a last resort). Their network was soo great (call clarity, coverage, data speed) else I would have shifted all our numbers to other network via mnp.
For me with Airtel postpaid, the experience was always good. Issues can pop up at any time, but the support offered was good. I also experienced an issue with Data due to billing cycle properly not set. I had to contact them and I got several callbacks and the whole thing was resolved in 2 days. I had a negative sales experience once, but no such lag in resolutions.

Another incident where I was overbilled and had to contact them. The whole issue was sorted out in 2 days. Herewith Jio, every time I have some billing or technical issue it becomes a nightmare. No proper followup or resolution. It goes on for weeks, and make me feel like I would have not raised it and just get used to the issue.
One Incident

I can't switch the connection and only for that reason, I'm compromising with all these.

Last edited:
I can feel your pain bro. Just now I remember one incident in Reliance CDMA DAPO scheme. It happened so long back, I think after 3 or 2 years of my college and we don't have corporate connection at that time. The plan rental was Rs500 or 499. But on March bill, they charged 506 as rental. On complaing, cc told it's for 31 days charges. This is the most stupid and apathy response I ever heard. So I asked about charging for 30 days in last bill in February instead of 28 days? Then after discussing with her senior, she agreed it as billing glitch and asked me to pay omitting the 6Rs plus 12% tax, which I did well before the due datw. From next month, they charged Rs500 as rental, but charged Rs112 as late fee (including tax). I got furious and converted the number to prepaid adjusting my deposit, since no MNP at that time and being in business, throwing a number away is a very bad idea.

Further the mobile number at that time was like landline number with std code. While roaming has to dial *444 to get temporary local landline number to enjoy roaming calls as local. This was done as CDMA license was given for local loop mobility only and not all India roaming. But Ambani knows how to bend the rules. Yes, this was another Jio type back door entry by Motta Bhai in last decades. Later that issue was sorted out as the licence was converted to unified access license for a relatively small fee. Then the landline style numbers are converted to 10 digit numbers. I used that opportunity to ditch that number for good. When my clients asked for the changed number, I gave my new BSNL number and all these issues are away from my memory.

Yes, dealing with Reliance cc is futile. But still best of luck bro.

For me with Airtel postpaid, the experience was always good. Issues can pop up at any time, but the support offered was good. I also experienced an issue with Data due to billing cycle properly not set. I had to contact them and I got several callbacks and the whole thing was resolved in 2 days. I had a negative sales experience once, but no such lag in resolutions.

Another incident where I was overbilled and had to contact them. The whole issue was sorted out in 2 days. Herewith Jio, every time I have some billing or technical issue it becomes a nightmare. No proper followup or resolution. It goes on for weeks, and make me feel like I would have not raised it and just get used to the issue.
One Incident

I can't switch the connection and only for that reason, I'm compromising with all these.
Hi, you can send a detailed email regarding your postpaid billing problem with proper screenshots and till date your endeavours to rectify it with their customer service team to sanjay.mashruwala at ril dot com. He can surely solve your problems. He had solved my low indoor coverage and slow data issues by installing three outdoor small cells near my house within one week of my detailed complaint to him. Try that and keep me posted here about how things come out.

I have sent detail email to support and what they have to say is that it is escalated. I even tagged appellate, but for my wonder, there was not a proper response, just a template.

I made the payment difference as today is the due date. The kind of support I'm getting, feel like they may disconnect the connection after due date and I have to run behind someone. I'm downgrading plan on one of my numbers and porting out the other.

I have interacted with many support teams of different products. The worst I have ever dealt with is Jio, including my previous experiences. Even appellate won't respond is horrible.

I have sent detail email to support and what they have to say is that it is escalated. I even tagged appellate, but for my wonder, there was not a proper response, just a template.

I made the payment difference as today is the due date. The kind of support I'm getting, feel like they may disconnect the connection after due date and I have to run behind someone. I'm downgrading plan on one of my numbers and porting out the other.

I have interacted with many support teams of different products. The worst I have ever dealt with is Jio, including my previous experiences. Even appellate won't respond is horrible.
Forget everything. All the customer service team including nodal and appellate authority are just worthless for almost every operator. If one faces problem he should first complaint to normal customer service then if doesn't get satisfactory results then strait away should mail to CEO level like the email id I had mentioned above. If after complaining to CEO level he doesn't get resolution then he might thought of porting out. You should complaint to the above mentioned email id and see what happens. He was the previous managing director of Jio and apart from solving my network problems he helped me in closing one of my jio number which after repeated complaints to customer service was still not closed even after 3 yrs.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock