Seeking Help Issue with new Sony w772e led tv

• Thread starter Binit
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 95
  • Views: Views 16,641
I didnt face any problem with sony tv i have brought during 2011 cricket world cup and still its running properly only thing is i have shifted from living room to bedroom as screen size is 32 its been more then 7 years n still working top notch no issue even clarity is like when i brought for first time

okay bro, i love sony products much, but i'm bit unlucky with this TV where it not even lasted 3 years, and warranty period also was over..

Last edited:
Hi Binit.. Congrats, for your new TV.

And sorry for my negative comments on Sony. Just wrote what I experienced.

One small suggestion, get extended warranty for your TV, it may cost around Rs. 5000 more, but it will help you in bad times. It should not happen, but no one can guaranty on electronic products. I would suggest everyone to go for extended warranty for electronic products..

My first Sony Bravia was in 2008-09, when i got the 32" LCD TV. That time what was the best thing happened in TV technology, i was using Samsung CRT 27" TV.

I used that for 2 years and in 2011 i upgraded to 40" Sony Bravia LCD. I was using Digital Cable then and the PQ had improved due to the TV. I used that TV for 7 years and later shifted it to the bedroom. In 2017. Selecting the TV was so difficult and not so easy like how it was in 2009/2011 when there was limited models. I went to many stores, checked online, but was confused between 2-3 models.

Also in my living room 43" is the max i can fit in the wooden cabinet furniture. I could wall mount it, but then i had to remove the wooden cabinet which would again cost me, hence decided to stick to 43. I went to my local dealer who is also a friend and asked him the best model for me (told him the features/specs i wanted and budget was limited), i told him i had 2-3 models in mind, (W772E, W800D, and i guess W752D). I asked him about 4K TV as i wanted to upgrade but he said to enjoy 4K resolution and clarity one needs to have 55" and above screen size, and one would not get that clarity and detailing in 43" and there was 20k price difference between 43 FHD and 43 4K. So i discarded the 4K plan and looked only for FHD TV.

I then again went to the friends TV store and looked at all the 3 TV of my choice side my side. Everything looked same, and i couldn't make out the difference. he was there by my side telling me the pros and cons of each model. All the 3 TVs W772E, W800D and W752D were 43" FHD TVs, while the W772E and W752D were an Internet TV with a different UI and apps, the W800D was a Android TV. The W772E had an internal Sub-woofer which the other 2 models didnt have. While i liked the Audio power and quality of W772E i also wanted the Android TV. Coming to the connections All 3 TVs had 2 USB ports, while W800D had 4 HDMI and the other 2 Models had just 2 HDMI inputs. There was Triluminos Display which was an added advantage to the W772E which would enhance the colour, all 3 TVs had X Reality Pro which enhances the picture clarity. With regards to motionflow the W772E and W752D had 200 Hz (native 50 Hz) while W800D had 800 Hz (native 100Hz). I knew i would be buying a HT in the future and also connect my Laptop via HDMI, 2 HDMI ports were not enough for me, hence the only option remaining was W800D.

While the PQ looked same on all the 3 TVs, the Audio was more better on W772E. I then decided on W800D and finalised it as i wanted to taste android on TV and because of 4 x HDMI. May be after some years, when i will be renovating my house, i would redesign my living room and i would be going for a 55" 4K TV or higher which i could wall mount, by that time also 4K would be more matured and we would have more content to watch.

Last edited:
My first Sony Bravia was in 2008-09, when i got the 32" LCD TV. That time what was the best thing happened in TV technology, i was using Samsung CRT 27" TV.

I used that for 2 years and in 2011 i upgraded to 40" Sony Bravia LCD. I was using Digital Cable then and the PQ had improved due to the TV. I used that TV for 7 years and later shifted it to the bedroom. In 2017. Selecting the TV was so difficult and not so easy like how it was in 2009/2011 when there was limited models. I went to many stores, checked online, but was confused between 2-3 models.

Also in my living room 43" is the max i can fit in the wooden cabinet furniture. I could wall mount it, but then i had to remove the wooden cabinet which would again cost me, hence decided to stick to 43. I went to my local dealer who is also a friend and asked him the best model for me (told him the features/specs i wanted and budget was limited), i told him i had 2-3 models in mind, (W772E, W800D, and i guess W752D). I asked him about 4K TV as i wanted to upgrade but he said to enjoy 4K resolution and clarity one needs to have 55" and above screen size, and one would not get that clarity and detailing in 43" and there was 20k price difference between 43 FHD and 43 4K. So i discarded the 4K plan and looked only for FHD TV.

I then again went to the friends TV store and looked at all the 3 TV of my choice side my side. Everything looked same, and i couldn't make out the difference. he was there by my side telling me the pros and cons of each model. All the 3 TVs W772E, W800D and W752D were 43" FHD TVs, while the W772E and W752D were an Internet TV with a different UI and apps, the W800D was a Android TV. The W772E had an internal Sub-woofer which the other 2 models didnt have. While i liked the Audio power and quality of W772E i also wanted the Android TV. Coming to the connections All 3 TVs had 2 USB ports, while W800D had 4 HDMI and the other 2 Models had just 2 HDMI inputs. There was Triluminos Display which was an added advantage to the W772E which would enhance the colour, all 3 TVs had X Reality Pro which enhances the picture clarity. With regards to motionflow the W772E and W752D had 200 Hz (native 50 Hz) while W800D had 800 Hz (native 100Hz). I knew i would be buying a HT in the future and also connect my Laptop via HDMI, 2 HDMI ports were not enough for me, hence the only option remaining was W800D.

While the PQ looked same on all the 3 TVs, the Audio was more better on W772E. I then decided on W800D and finalised it as i wanted to taste android on TV and because of 4 x HDMI. May be after some years, when i will be renovating my house, i would redesign my living room and i would be going for a 55" 4K TV or higher which i could wall mount, by that time also 4K would be more matured and we would have more content to watch.
2 HDMI ports is definitely one of the cons of the w772e tv. There should hv been at least one more but i have been using one HDMI switch having three hdmi inputs to connect my set top box, PS4 & bluray player since last one year even when I had a lcd tv before this sony tv & it works fine without any issues.

2 HDMI ports is definitely one of the cons of the w772e tv. There should hv been at least one more but i have been using one HDMI switch having three hdmi inputs to connect my set top box, PS4 & bluray player since last one year even when I had a lcd tv before this sony tv & it works fine without any issues.

I have TS HD STB, Sony DVD Player, and HTIV300. One extra port is vacant which i can connect PC. I have extra 2 HDMI ports input in HTIV300 which are as of now vacant.

Should i take extended warranty for this tv for additional 2 yrs period for around 4500/-?
Or sony tvs don't wear out in 2-3 yrs n my money will go to waste? 🤔

Whenever I switch on my ps4 the picture mode automatically gets set to game mode n in some games HDR mode. I don't like those artificial colors but can't set pic mode to custom or standard. Is this coz of my scene select which is set as Auto? How to set it to custom @Siva bro? U also have this model so u might be knowing.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock