• Replies: Replies 31
  • Views: Views 18,480

Siva

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello All,

As some of you might be aware, I have been using an LG 42 inch 3D LED TV model number 42LB6200. I bought it for 53k in 2015 May. 3 days back, the TV suddenly started showing 5 big white dots on the right hand side of the screen. It looks like the below image.

hqdefault.jpg

I was quite surprised with this because the TV is just 2.5 years old. TV is out of warranty. With no option left, I called LG service and they have registered a complaint. The service person came the next day and he said this is very common issue across the LG LED TVs and the reflectors behind the LED panel must have come off. It will cost 9.5k to replace the reflectors. I asked for any other option. Then he said, he can fix the issue by attaching them to the LED panel with a transparent glue he has and that should be it. For that he said he will take 3.5k and somehow I convinced him for 3.2k. He has then removed all the reflectors and re-attached them with the glue. Those bright white spots were gone after this and he left.

What actually happened after this was quite surprising. Instead of those 5 bright white dots, now there were 36, not so bright white dots. It was like a matrix which is noticeable on any bright background, but they were 10% bright. I did not notice this earlier when the service person was there. So I called him and he said, sir that is what happens when we fix with the glue and it is normal. If you cannot adjust with this, you can go for the replacement which costs 9.5k and pay only remaining money i.e. 9.5-3.2=6.3k. Fair enough!!

I was really disappointed with this whole thing and I lost peace of mind. I posted the item on OLX day before yesterday morning and sold it for 20k by evening. I just could not make up my mind to use that TV anymore. I'm really disappointed with LG LED TV and I'm quite surprised to read on google that almost all the LG users are facing the same issue. This is ridiculous on behalf of LG. When there is such a widespread common issue, they should have recalled all the TVs and fix them or they should have fixed the issue for free whether or not the TV is in warranty. I regret purchasing an LG TV and I suggest not to go with LG if you are planning to buy a new TV.

Hope this helps!!

PS: You might be wondering what TV I have purchased. I bought a Sony, will post a separate thread with details.

I also faced the exact same problem.
I was using 32 inch 3D TV. It was less than 2 years old (22 months to be precise). But unlike your case, only 1 dot appeared on my TV.

By then I had already bought 43 inch LG Tv. My plan was to keep the 43 here and take the 32 to my other house.
After that incident I kept the 43 here, bought Sony Smart Tv for my other house and gave the 32 in exchange.

Even I have decided to not buy LG Tv in future.

Also have mentally prepared myself that current LG Tv might go kaput any moment. :p

Last edited:
I also faced the exact same problem.
I was using 32 inch 3D TV. It was less than 2 years old (22 months to be precise). But unlike your case, only 1 dot appeared on my TV.

By then I had already bought 43 inch LG Tv. My plan was to keep the 43 here and take the 32 to my other house.
After that incident I kept the 43 here, bought Sony Smart Tv for my other house and gave the 32 in exchange.

Even I have decided to not buy LG Tv in future
It's just ridiculous that LG is not addressing such a common issue.

Almost all led tv's of all brands have some issues as its the flaw of led technology. I have 50 inch haier led and it has DSE(dirty screen effect) its backlight issue where screen looks dirty from inside and you cant do anything. I looked it up and this issue is very common in led tv, all though its not that obvious you can only see it in football games or sports but its very annoying. We pay so much money for these tv's and its not fair even in this age this kind of issue is present.

I'm using Samsung LED TV somehow same experience with me. Bring spot started coming on screen with fringes. I called Samsung CC and an engineer was arranged and he ask me to pay 24K to change panel :sick: and without bill it will repair in 7K but I don't believe in non-bill repair. So, struggling for some good TV repairer.

Join the club. I faced the exact problem and paid 7k to fix. It reappeared in 5months. My aunt's tv started showing the same problem. Mine was just 1.5 years old. I bought it for 43k. I sold it to my brother for 12k.

Last edited:
I think it seems better to go with low budget tv such as vu. sanyo etc. even if something goes wrong we can avoid huge loss,Like the loss happened to @ilikered bro.

Join the club. I faced the exact problem and paid 7k to fix. It reappeared in 5months. My aunt's tv started showing the same problem. Mine was just 1.5 years old. I bought it for 43k. I sold it to my brother for 12k.
Yours and ur aunt's also LG bro?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock